GI JOE RPG Launch
Page 37 of 37 First ... 27353637
    Quote Originally Posted by ScribblingRambler View Post
    Hello.
    There is a link on the second post of this thread.
    Hopefully you'll find what you need there.
    Perfect! Thanks very much. Weird that google could not find it when I searched for "combine damage" I guess google.docs are not searched by it.

Additional question. If I put the effect DMGCOMBINE on an NPC and roll damage it stores the damage as it should. If the second attack misses how to I apply the stored NPC damage (there is no blood drop to click as there is with a PC).

When using the apply all effects button in a case that there needs to be some manual intervention for some of the success/failure conditions is it possible for an effect to post a chat message to the GM to remind them to perform the manual action?

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    Additional question. If I put the effect DMGCOMBINE on an NPC and roll damage it stores the damage as it should. If the second attack misses how to I apply the stored NPC damage (there is no blood drop to click as there is with a PC).
    Damage combination is only supported for PC attacks at this stage. We'll add it to NPCs in the future.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

When using the apply all effects button in a case that there needs to be some manual intervention for some of the success/failure conditions is it possible for an effect to post a chat message to the GM to remind them to perform the manual action?
    There's not an effect that purely displays a text message in chat. I'll make a note to investigate the possibility of this, but will probably wait for future chat functionality to be expanded.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Another thought about DMGCOMBINE. In dealing with kineticists it is helpful to be able to factor the damage in a few different dimensions rather than making one damage entry for every possible combination. If the DMGCOMBINE or stored damage could be used for more than a single damage roll that would make kineticist attacks easier to factor into their components rather than enumerating the combinatorial explosion of damage types into many individual lines.

Another thought about DMGCOMBINE. In dealing with kineticists it is helpful to be able to factor the damage in a few different dimensions rather than making one damage entry for every possible combination. If the DMGCOMBINE or stored damage could be used for more than a single damage roll that would make kineticist attacks easier to factor into their components rather than enumerating the combinatorial explosion of damage types into many individual lines.
    Please provide a specific example.

Page 37 of 37 First ... 27353637

Thread Information