DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Soell Resistance PF 1st Ed

I haven't run a 1st edition game in about a year and a lot of changes have been made to FG since I last ran. I was setting up a new campaign and testing out some effects for some NPCs and I discovered that Spell Resistance doesn't appear to work anymore. Has something changed and I didn't notice it? I even put a creature from the official Bestiary into the combat tracker and it looks like it doesn't get applied as an effect like it used to do. I tried putting it in as an effect to no avail. Am I doing something wrong or should I post this to the Bugs thread?

I used both of the following in a creature's SQ and directly as an effect once placed in the combat tracker.

SR: 19
    SR 19

I tried casting a spell at that creature from another creature and the Spell Resistance check doesn't kick off. I ensured the spell isn't set to ignore Spell Resistance. They didn't work. I even tried rolling a Caster Level Check against the targeted creature and FG gives an error that the creature doesn't have SR.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, no mods and I updated FG today.

Looking at the Wiki effects page, there's no "SR" effect: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...d+3.5E+Effects

The SR for an NPC is parsed from the Special Qualities (SQ) field when the creature is added to the combat tracker, for example:

However, it does appear that this SR value isn't read correctly when a CL check is made - chat returns "TARGET HAS NO SR".

This is an issue with the 3.5E ruleset manager_actor_35E.lua script getSpellDefense function, the highlighted code is what returns the SR, but "nodeActor" isn't available at this point (it's defined after this code) so the SR of an NPC in the CT is always returned as 0.

Hopefully the devs will pick this up and provide a fix soon.

Code:
    function getSpellDefense(rActor)
    	Debug.console("rActor = ", rActor);
    	if ActorManager.isPC(rActor) then
    		local nodeActor = ActorManager.getCreatureNode(rActor);
    		if nodeActor then
    			return DB.getValue(nodeActor, "defenses.sr.total", 0);
    		end
    	elseif ActorManager.isRecordType(rActor, "npc") then
    		local nodeCT = ActorManager.getCTNode(rActor);
    		if nodeCT then
    			return DB.getValue(nodeActor, "sr", 0);
    		end
    		local nodeActor = ActorManager.getCreatureNode(rActor);
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Pushed a hotfix for this issue.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Hopefully the devs will pick this up and provide a fix soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Pushed a hotfix for this issue.
    Faster than a speeding bullet!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Well I saw the typo. Made sense. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by Delthos View Post
    I tried casting a spell at that creature from another creature and the Spell Resistance check doesn't kick off.
    Whereas the manual CLC check now works with the recent hotfix, the automatic SR CLC check doesn't get initiated. Looking in code from March this year, I can't find an auto CLC check. I know this did work at some point (one of my earliest experiences of FG automation was an SR CLC check being automatically rolled), but I haven't played PF1 in a number of years, so I don't know when that functionality was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Whereas the manual CLC check now works with the recent hotfix, the automatic SR CLC check doesn't get initiated. Looking in code from March this year, I can't find an auto CLC check. I know this did work at some point (one of my earliest experiences of FG automation was an SR CLC check being automatically rolled), but I haven't played PF1 in a number of years, so I don't know when that functionality was removed.
    I finished my last campaign in July of 2023. The auto rolling of spell resistance was working then as I had a bunch of NPCs with Spell Resistance in the final few sessions. So it broke some time between then and now.

Looking back at the last two campaigns I can see now that I didn't grant spell resistance via an effect to PCs, but damned if I don't remember doing it. My players had abilities and items which granted it, but we don't have any effects coded for it. So I don't remember how we handled it. I guess I am misremembering it. I thought something had changed or was removed as I looked at the Pathfinder/3.5 effects wiki and couldn't find it.

In any case, thanks for the fix superteddy57!
    Last edited by Delthos; September 5th, 2024 at 07:27.

Ah, I just took a closer look at your image you posted Trenloe and I see there is the SR field. I remember now. Player Characters have a SR field on the character sheet for it. So I think my problem is resolved now! I tested and it seems to be working properly now.

Thread Information