Cosmere RPG Beta Launch
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thanks for all that info!
    You're doing it correctly. There are a few ways of doing this, and your approach is sound.
    That approach will work as expected after the update.
    Add feature suggestions for Savage Worlds to Fantasy Grounds Feature Request.

Hi Mike and Jiminimonka

The patch has come through - thanks. So what seems to happen now is;

1. I add 2 new NPC vehicles to the combat tracker, each is pre-loaded with a 'generic NPC crew' NPC pilot.
    2. All skills / stats are correct, and show correctly on the tracker.
    3. I do not add crew to the combat tracker.
    4. When I click the vehicle's weapon attack, the chat dialogue now shows the *NPC* making the attack. The attack dice is now correct.
    5. However, because the NPC is not on the tracker, as has nothing targeted, nothing else happens

Now, if I add the NPC crew member to the tracker, and get the NPC crew to target the enemy vehicle, everything works correctly.

So, I will have to add any NPC who is on a weapon onto the CTracker, and get each one to target an enemy vehicle.

I was hoping to be able to have the vehicles only in the combat tracker, and not each crew member, as this could get out of hand with massive vehicles/skirmishes. Would that be possible?

Also, it looks like some size adjustments are being made to the 'to hit', which I don't remember seeing before. If I have two size 15 vehicles fighting each other, they both seem to get a '+6 vs Gargantuan' bonus. (I don't remember seeing those before,
    and I'm not really familiar with how these should work in the first place, so not sure if that is right or not?)

Thank you!
    01.png
    Last edited by MikeRPG; August 27th, 2024 at 21:28.

A vehicle can target another vehicle, which is what you should be doing.
    If you use the NPC to target a vehicle, it will calculate size medium vs huge (target vehicle's size).
    If a vehicle targets the pilot NPC, it will apply a large penalty for huge vs medium.

Last question for now!

If there are various ways to achieve this, and others are managing fine without getting these issues, can anyone tell me how they are doing it correctly? That might be a better answer!

Thanks all

Hi Mike,

I can get an NPC vehicle to target another NPC vehicle.
    The 'to hit' roll now uses the correct dice, based on the NPC crew skill

but that is where it stops working... the system shows the 'to hit' roll result only. Lets say I roll a 16 'to hit', there is no follow-through to then roll damage/raise damage for the successful hit.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeRPG View Post
    Last question for now!

If there are various ways to achieve this, and others are managing fine without getting these issues, can anyone tell me how they are doing it correctly? That might be a better answer!

Thanks all
    It's because your name is Mike.
    I regularly run into issues others don't, and my name is Mike.
    And if there's a bug, I'll run into it. Just like you seem to.
    See the correlation?
    I fixed a handful of bugs I found in the ruleset that I found during game or while in the code that nobody else reported.
    The only time I have trouble finding a bug is when someone else finds it and it's in code I'm working on. Then bugs are elusive.
    The bugs have it out for Mikes.

Aki is focused on combat tracker. He'll get this sorted in no time.
    Keep reporting bugs, and we'll squish them.
    And thanks for taking the time to report and explain.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeRPG View Post
    Hi Mike,

I can get an NPC vehicle to target another NPC vehicle.
    The 'to hit' roll now uses the correct dice, based on the NPC crew skill

but that is where it stops working... the system shows the 'to hit' roll result only. Lets say I roll a 16 'to hit', there is no follow-through to then roll damage/raise damage for the successful hit.
    There's no automatic roll of damage after a hit, if that's what you're asking. For a number of reasons. The best one being because players keep clicking the wrong things.
    If that's not what you're asking, please give more detail and we'll figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    See the correlation?
    I fixed a handful of bugs I found in the ruleset that I found during game or while in the code that nobody else reported.
    The only time I have trouble finding a bug is when someone else finds it and it's in code I'm working on. Then bugs are elusive.

Now you've explained it, it makes total sense. :-) I will raise this with my parents.

Massively appreciate all you folks great work on bug squishing - thank you.
    Last edited by MikeRPG; August 28th, 2024 at 18:31.

Hopefully I have connected video to illustrate.

There are two combatants; a Zero, and an F-15. (Clearly a fair fight). Both have identical NPC crew assigned. I have only shown the Zero crew on the screen, He is also added to the CT.

0:00 - First, the Zero fires its MG. a few misses, so i add +10 to help it hit. An attack result of 11, but there is no 'successful hit' message, etc in the combat tracker or chat, only the roll result shows in the chat.

0:20 - Try again with the F-15, exactly the same.

0:28 - Now, trying with the NPC crew instead; he gets a hit first time (note there is a size modifier when the crew member shoots, but no size mod when either vehicle shoots).
    0:31 - Now the chat log and CT both recognise a 'hit with raise', and the CT adds a 'hit dialogue' under the F-15 entry.
    0:34 - I click on the 'raise damage dice', it rolls and applies.
    0:46 - Sadly the hit wasnt fatal, so we try again, get a hit, add +20 damage (those Zeros were badass), and the F-15 is toast.

The damage application works great when using the NPC crew (apart from the size modifier, which just feels odd...), but does not work at all when the attack is made by the vehicle.

NOTE: I am using Chillhelms 4C vehicle thing, which I think might be adding the functionality for the crew - but am not totally sure!
    Fantasy Grounds Forge

Hope this explains better - let me know if not

thanks as always!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    See the correlation?

Now you've explained it, it makes total sense. :-) I will raise this with my parents.

Massively appreciate all you folks great work on bug squishing - thank you.
    Last edited by MikeRPG; August 28th, 2024 at 18:32.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread Information