Cosmere RPG Beta Launch
Page 15 of 15 First ... 5131415
    Quote Originally Posted by Xargun View Post
    I am trying to setup alchemic bombs as items (weapons) but whenever I add them to a PC's inventory it does not pick up the Alchemical Bomb skill when you look on the Actions tab. I have tried several variations of the Group and SubCategory. Can someone enlighten me to the correct text to make this work?

Xargun
    I usually create a Spellcasting class on the Actions tab and manually create "spells" for these. However, I believe the new / correct way of doing this is to make them Activities. I think if you look at the Elixir of Life in the Player Core, you can see how as soon as it is in your inventory, it creates an Activity on your Activities tab to use it.

Player Core - ORC has the wrong amount of damage listed in the spell for Arctic Rift. Just noticed it tonight while setting up an item for my group to use that has that spell. It says 5d8 when Archives says it does 12d8.

Xargun

Player Core - ORC has the wrong amount of damage listed in the spell for Arctic Rift. Just noticed it tonight while setting up an item for my group to use that has that spell. It says 5d8 when Archives says it does 12d8.

Xargun
    The damage is calculated based on the spell slot it is prepared in as the damage changes when heightened - see the screenshot below. Looking at the spell in isolation (i.e. outside of a spell slot) won't give the accurate damage. When the spell is added in a rank 8 spell slot, the damage is 12d8.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I am trying to setup alchemic bombs as items (weapons) but whenever I add them to a PC's inventory it does not pick up the Alchemical Bomb skill when you look on the Actions tab. I have tried several variations of the Group and SubCategory. Can someone enlighten me to the correct text to make this work?

Xargun
    for me there are two ways to use it. First Prepare the Bombs in the Action Tab as "Spells" like before, or you can use the Extension i Created and throw they over the activity Tab. My personal Favorit to play the Alcemist is with the Prepared Spells for the Daily Usage and the Activity Tab for Formular Book. Please check up that zero count items are not removed. In my Actual Campain i Play Bard i can´t test how it feels to PLay this Way an Alchemist.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1878/view
    Text Translated by Deepl ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The damage is calculated based on the spell slot it is prepared in as the damage changes when heightened - see the screenshot below. Looking at the spell in isolation (i.e. outside of a spell slot) won't give the accurate damage. When the spell is added in a rank 8 spell slot, the damage is 12d8.

Ahh I see. Is this the new format for most spells now? Don't want to raise any more incorrect red flags.

Xargun

Ahh I see. Is this the new format for most spells now? Don't want to raise any more incorrect red flags.

Xargun
    It's been like this for over three years, since actions could be coded within spells before they were added to the PC/NPC sheet.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It's been like this for over three years, since actions could be coded within spells before they were added to the PC/NPC sheet.
    On this note, a UI request:
    If a damage entry for a spell has no dice or static damage bonus but is instead entirely a multiplier of CL/SL/etc (for example: 2 x CL fire damage), then when viewing the automation entries in the spell outside of a character sheet, the damage entry will be entirely blank and not even show the damage type. I assume this is because the calculation runs "2xCL -> CL is 0 -> 0 damage -> don't display damage type", or something like this.

This also happens if there is a negative dice modifier that matches up with the amount of dice per caster level. For example, if a spell deals 1d6 fire/caster level, minus 1d6, the damage entry will show as blank with no damage type.

This can make it easy to miss an incorrect damage type when building spells, something that has happened to me a time or two. For example normally if you misspell "electricity", you can tell you messed up because the damage type will be blank. But in this situation you won't know it's wrong until you actually add the spell to a character.

It would be nice if the automation entry always showed the damage type, even if it thinks the spell is going to do 0 damage (just displaying "0 fire" instead of nothing, for example).
    Last edited by MaxAstro; September 4th, 2024 at 18:24.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    On this note, a UI request:
    If a damage entry for a spell has no dice or static damage bonus but is instead entirely a multiplier of CL/SL/etc (for example: 2 x CL fire damage), then when viewing the automation entries in the spell outside of a character sheet, the damage entry will be entirely blank and not even show the damage type. I assume this is because the calculation runs "2xCL -> CL is 0 -> 0 damage -> don't display damage type", or something like this.

This also happens if there is a negative dice modifier that matches up with the amount of dice per caster level. For example, if a spell deals 1d6 fire/caster level, minus 1d6, the damage entry will show as blank with no damage type.

This can make it easy to miss an incorrect damage type when building spells, something that has happened to me a time or two. For example normally if you misspell "electricity", you can tell you messed up because the damage type will be blank. But in this situation you won't know it's wrong until you actually add the spell to a character.

It would be nice if the automation entry always showed the damage type, even if it thinks the spell is going to do 0 damage (just displaying "0 fire" instead of nothing, for example).
    That's specifically coded to not show entries that don't apply. I'd need to code exceptions for spells that aren't in a PC/NPC sheet. I'll consider it for a future release, but it's going to be a low priority, so no guarantee iff/when it will be implemented. In the meantime, the best practice is to test your spell coding within a PC/NPC spell class.

There will be at some point, we need to work out the best way to do it as an update to the current product - i.e. it won't be a new product, but we need to keep the legacy version available too. There's no ETA for this as we have other priorities (Player Core 2 among others). Plus, you can use the current Beginner Box in FG fine with the remastered rules.
    Thank you!! I appreciate the work you all are doing!
    A.J.

“It isn't Narnia, you know," sobbed Lucy. "It's you. We shan't meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?"
    "But you shall meet me, dear one," said Aslan.
    "Are -are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.
    "I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Page 15 of 15 First ... 5131415

Thread Information