GI JOE RPG Launch
Page 41 of 49 First ... 313940414243 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjorimir View Post
    While we're on the topic, if you look at the [Martial Arts] Leg Sweep example, you can see that I have two rolls setup here. The first is to cover the Focus cost (n1) for using the power (it costs 5); the second is for the actual attack itself. Is there a way to combine the two roll strings into one? So with one roll I could both spend the 5 Focus and make the attack roll?
    You cant string rolls together.
    Do you always incur cost when using leg sweep? We could modify the the marvel roll or create a marvelc roll which includes the cost calculation.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    For the half damage use the trick I showed you in the marvel roll above.
    Try use the calc field to calculate the full damage so it would look something like this

Full Damage
    damage [a]
    [c]*[d]+[Ego|a]

Half Damage
    damage ([b]/2)
    [c]*[d]+[Ego|a]

see if that works
    This still isn't working for me. The damage here should be 3, but comes up 0 again. Image attached for reference.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Because there are so many possible combinations here I think the best way to do this (best being simplest overall) would be to break it down into 2 rolls.
    Attacker declares his target and their defense stat.
    Defender "activates" their defense stat by double-clicking the appropriate stat (we would code a roll to do this)
    Attacker does their attack roll and it will use that stat value and reset it to 0

If that would work we then a field to store this activated defense in. Does Karma need to be in the CT? I dont have to store it in CT but it might be best stored there.
    If I'm being honest, I think by the time you've gone to that trouble you already know what the target number for the attack would be. So, while I think the automation would work, because there's another manual step in the process it would actually prolong the resolution of the attack. I really appreciate the idea, but it seems like it wouldn't be worth your while to do that work.

To answer your final question, Karma isn't a must have in the CT (although it's kind of nice to see it at a glance to know which players/characters have that in their pocket for certain things).

You cant string rolls together.
    Do you always incur cost when using leg sweep? We could modify the the marvel roll or create a marvelc roll which includes the cost calculation.
    Yes, on a power like Leg Sweep, it always costs 5 Focus to use.

Blog Entries
    This still isn't working for me. The damage here should be 3, but comes up 0 again. Image attached for reference.
    Your example will never work because we are referencing [d] and you have put this in [d] but other than that sometimes you have to fully qualify the references like this instead:
    [Martial Arts|c]*[Martial Arts|d]+[Ego|a]
    Note that this is in the CALC field for [a] and not in [c] or [d]

And this calculation also works
    ([Martial Arts|c]*[Martial Arts|d]+[Ego|a])/2

Blog Entries
    If I'm being honest, I think by the time you've gone to that trouble you already know what the target number for the attack would be. So, while I think the automation would work, because there's another manual step in the process it would actually prolong the resolution of the attack. I really appreciate the idea, but it seems like it wouldn't be worth your while to do that work.

To answer your final question, Karma isn't a must have in the CT (although it's kind of nice to see it at a glance to know which players/characters have that in their pocket for certain things).
    OK. Im happy with that
    Im only asking about Karma if we were going to do my suggested defense "activate/roll" as we are not then it doesnt matter.

Blog Entries
    I have added a small change to the damage roll in XCore itself - eg not in the Marvel extension.

If you hold SHIFT when rolling it will apply Double damage.
    If you hold ALT when rolling it will apply Half damage.

If this is desirable I will roll it out to the other damage rolls.

Blog Entries
    For the XCore Marvel extension I have added a new roll cmarvel [a]c#

This will deduct # from your n1 field which is useful if you are using n1 as Focus.
    Do not use a formula for # just apply the number.

For the XCore Marvel extension I have added a new roll cmarvel [a]c#

This will deduct # from your n1 field which is useful if you are using n1 as Focus.
    Do not use a formula for # just apply the number.
    Thanks for both of these changes! I'm out for a day or so, but I'll be sure to test and report back ASAP!

I have added a small change to the damage roll in XCore itself - eg not in the Marvel extension.

If you hold SHIFT when rolling it will apply Double damage.
    If you hold ALT when rolling it will apply Half damage.

If this is desirable I will roll it out to the other damage rolls.
    This works. However, there's a small thing where the "big" damage number in the chatbox doesn't reflect that modifier. It does apply the correct amount of damage (double or half) to the target though. Just thought I'd give the feedback, but am THANKFUL for the new implementation.

See attached for an example. Damage dealt was 12 (correct). Note in damage roll indicates the double damage (12), but the larger number (to the right) was erroneously displayed as 6.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 41 of 49 First ... 313940414243 ... Last

Thread Information