Fantasy Grounds Merchandise
Page 40 of 49 First ... 303839404142 ... Last
    Is there a way to reference a target's attribute values in a roll? I've read over the documentation a few times, but I may be missing something. I'm basically looking for a way to check a roll against various attribute values much like an attack vs. AC would be handled.

If not, it's on my wish list for XCore. Fantastic work, Damned.

Marvel Roll Bug

The truncated version of the marvel roll (e.g., marvel [a]) has a reference issue when coming out of a different roll box. However, the longform (e.g., 1d6+1dMarvel+1d6) can successfully reference attribute values on rolls in other boxes. Please see the attached image. I tried to clarify. Hope this makes sense!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I saw that somebody posted their version of a Marvel character sheet. I'm not savvy enough to actually update labels (I tried using the XCore Strings extension, but it's beyond me how to do that stuff). However, I think I have a useable solution for damage rolls. Please see the attached image. The player just needs to update the roll and multiplier values and double-click, which is pretty fast with CTRL+Mousewheel. Anyway, I hope that helps!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjorimir View Post
    Is there a way to reference a target's attribute values in a roll? I've read over the documentation a few times, but I may be missing something. I'm basically looking for a way to check a roll against various attribute values much like an attack vs. AC would be handled.

If not, it's on my wish list for XCore. Fantastic work, Damned.
    No you cant do it right now but it would be easy enough as an extension for specific use cases.

Please give your precise example.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    See a better way to do the Marvel roll .
    marvel-calc.png
    Yup, this works. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    No you cant do it right now but it would be easy enough as an extension for specific use cases.

Please give your precise example.
    Okay, I'll try to break all of this down for the new Marvel Multiverse RPG.

There are 6 stats for a character/NPC: Melee, Agility, Resilience, Vigilance, Ego, and Logic (which conveniently spells MARVEL).
    Each of these stats ranges from 0 up. This is the base modifier used for actions/skills associated to each stat (e.g., punching somebody would be a Marvel die roll + the Melee score).
    Each of these also provides a Defense score, which is basically the score plus 10 (e.g., Daredevil has Melee 2 and therefore a Melee Defense of 12).
    Lastly, each stat also has a 'Non-Combat Check' modifier, which is usually the same as the base modifier.
    However, each of the three numbers here (Score, Defense, Non-Combat Check) can each be individually modified for things like traits, powers, or equipment.

By far the most common examples would be Melee attack vs. target's Melee Defense or Agility attack vs. target's Agility Defense (equal to or higher, like D&D's AC).
    But powers mix an match all of the six in various ways (e.g., Telepathic Link has the character making a Logic attack vs. target's Vigilance Defense).

Please see the attached image.

While we're on the topic, if you look at the [Martial Arts] Leg Sweep example, you can see that I have two rolls setup here. The first is to cover the Focus cost (n1) for using the power (it costs 5); the second is for the actual attack itself. Is there a way to combine the two roll strings into one? So with one roll I could both spend the 5 Focus and make the attack roll?

Thanks for all of your help and guidance!

Half damage issue

I'm trying to code a roll to apply half damage to a target (please see attached image).
    The formula I use for full damage works fine, but once I add the parenthesis and the /2 it results in a 0. Should I be able to do this?

So...
    damage [c]*[d]+[Ego|a] works fine (for full damage)
    damage ([c]*[d]+[Ego|a])/2 doesn't (for half damage)

Blog Entries
    For the half damage use the trick I showed you in the marvel roll above.
    Try use the calc field to calculate the full damage so it would look something like this

Full Damage
    damage [a]
    [c]*[d]+[Ego|a]

Half Damage
    damage ([b]/2)
    [c]*[d]+[Ego|a]

see if that works

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjorimir View Post
    There are 6 stats for a character/NPC: Melee, Agility, Resilience, Vigilance, Ego, and Logic (which conveniently spells MARVEL).
    Each of these stats ranges from 0 up. This is the base modifier used for actions/skills associated to each stat (e.g., punching somebody would be a Marvel die roll + the Melee score).
    Each of these also provides a Defense score, which is basically the score plus 10 (e.g., Daredevil has Melee 2 and therefore a Melee Defense of 12).
    Lastly, each stat also has a 'Non-Combat Check' modifier, which is usually the same as the base modifier.
    However, each of the three numbers here (Score, Defense, Non-Combat Check) can each be individually modified for things like traits, powers, or equipment.

By far the most common examples would be Melee attack vs. target's Melee Defense or Agility attack vs. target's Agility Defense (equal to or higher, like D&D's AC).
    But powers mix an match all of the six in various ways (e.g., Telepathic Link has the character making a Logic attack vs. target's Vigilance Defense).
    Because there are so many possible combinations here I think the best way to do this (best being simplest overall) would be to break it down into 2 rolls.
    Attacker declares his target and their defense stat.
    Defender "activates" their defense stat by double-clicking the appropriate stat (we would code a roll to do this)
    Attacker does their attack roll and it will use that stat value and reset it to 0

If that would work we then a field to store this activated defense in. Does Karma need to be in the CT? I dont have to store it in CT but it might be best stored there.

Page 40 of 49 First ... 303839404142 ... Last

Thread Information