GI JOE RPG Launch
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Masks: A New Generation by Magpie Games

From the Christmas Challenge, I created a Ruleset for Masks: A New Generation by Magpie games. I have submitted it to the Forge and hopefully it will be released soon.

This ruleset will cover the character sheet, combat tracker, a new moves container, and a team pool.

Can't wait for you all to check it out and let me know what you think.

YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-0r...frostbyte000jm

Forge:
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/477/view

Here is a Screen Capture of the Ruleset
    MasksScreenShot.jpg
    Last edited by frostbyte000jm; January 24th, 2022 at 21:50.

Not available for download?

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    Not available for download?
    Hopefully soonish. I had to resubmit some files. Everything should be following the rules now.

Quote Originally Posted by frostbyte000jm View Post
    Hi

Our GM and group have just installed the latest FGU update to v4.5.10

The group is playing "Masks: A New Generation" created by James Martin (GM Frostbyte)

Several things have become an issue:-

1) Standard Theme colours leave the buttons and tabs on character sheets and party sheet illegible with black text on really dark background colours - green for buttons, brown for tabs (sample image attached). Switching to a different theme overcame this.

2.)On first opening, the character sheet "Main" tab is obscured and can't be scrolled. successively selecting "Notes" and "Inventory", then back to "Main" fixes this.

3.)Linked windows that originate from the character sheet by clicking on the shield from either "Basic Moves" or "Playbook Moves" open with the window not having any border and the background colour set to transparent. This is present on the default theme and the altered theme of grey we tried.

We usually only play with one extension active "Player Agency" The presence or absence of this extension makes no difference to the behaviour noted above.

It is occurring on both GM and player screens with a variety of hardware and OS's, from MacOS 13.6.9 and several version of PC's running Windows 11

Attached below is the GM's log file and several screen shots to illustrate what I've tried to describe.

I originally posted this in "House of Healing" to get help with the update, but was suggested that it was likely something within the implementation of "Masks" and you could reach out to Superteddy57 in this dialogue here:-
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...993#post722993

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately there have been so many changes in CoreRPG over the last 18months that any ruleset not being actively maintained will almost certainly get broken...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Unfortunately there have been so many changes in CoreRPG over the last 18months that any ruleset not being actively maintained will almost certainly get broken...
    The author has reached out and offered to send me a "RSW" file to work on, as he hasn't had time and won't for some many months.

What is a RSW?

Will we have any chance of understanding where the bug is and trying to fix it without expert knowledge?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information