Fantasy Grounds Merchandise
Page 31 of 31 First ... 21293031

Thread: Updater Issues

After newest update, and after running the Updates, I cannot close the FGUupdateengine. Every time I close it, it automatically runs again, giving error message and will not close unless I restart my computer.Screenshot 2024-08-15 090346 FGU.png

Your screenshot shows Fantasy Grounds running. As suggested in the updater message - close Fantasy Grounds. Does the updater message disappear and the updater run correctly at that point?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Your screenshot shows Fantasy Grounds running. As suggested in the updater message - close Fantasy Grounds. Does the updater message disappear and the updater run correctly at that point?
    The updater message disappears if you close fantasy grounds, but when you hit launch fantasy grounds, the update closes, fantasy grounds starts, updater starts again, and back to error message. Endless loop. I tried to Ctrl, Shift Esc, End Task for FGU updater, and after it closes, it relaunches. Only way to stop the updater from auto launching is to restart my computer.

Blog Entries
    How are you launching Fantasy Grounds? Can you look at that shortcut to see if it is actually launching the updater instead of "C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGrounds.exe"?

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    How are you launching Fantasy Grounds? Can you look at that shortcut to see if it is actually launching the updater instead of "C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGrounds.exe"?
    Checked the Shortcut, it is correct. Fantasy Grounds launches fine, and runs fine, but if I click on update, that is when the problems start with the FGUupdateengine looping as in above video and new video below.

New Video: https://youtu.be/IBxTlnxQxS0
    Last edited by Lord Skrolk; August 16th, 2024 at 04:34.

It looks like some other program on the machine is interfering with the processes.

When you click Check for Updates, FG passes a command line option to the updater application to automatically start; and that is being blocked in your video. (since you have to also click the Update button) And then, it looks like that program is restarting the updater application when it closes itself.

What OS are you running? What start-up programs are you running?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It looks like some other program on the machine is interfering with the processes.

When you click Check for Updates, FG passes a command line option to the updater application to automatically start; and that is being blocked in your video. (since you have to also click the Update button) And then, it looks like that program is restarting the updater application when it closes itself.

What OS are you running? What start-up programs are you running?

Regards,
    JPG
    Win 11 home, and StartupApps.png

Are you launching a link Steam created or within Steam? (You can try deleting startup link; and creating a new one using Control+Shift+Drag from the FG App folder ("C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\")

Are you using Google Drive or OneDrive on the FG application folder? (They are both running.)

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Are you launching a link Steam created or within Steam? (You can try deleting startup link; and creating a new one using Control+Shift+Drag from the FG App folder ("C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\")

Are you using Google Drive or OneDrive on the FG application folder? (They are both running.)

Regards,
    JPG
    It shouldn't be, but I will double check. Also, I don't use Steam, and FGU is not being synced and I disabled OneDrive and Google Drive and the problem still persists. I guess my next option will be to uninstall and reinstall FGU. I remember during one of the last FGU updates, don't remember when, I had to start clicking the update button, instead of it auto-updating, thought that was a new feature.
    Anyways, FGU works fine, no issues there, only when I run the updater.

Page 31 of 31 First ... 21293031

Thread Information