Cosmere RPG Beta Launch

Season of Ghosts AP 1 Story Issues

The story entries in Season of Ghosts AP 1 The Summer That Never Was are not editable. Other modules I have purchased allowed editing of story entries; this provides a very convenient means for the GM to customize the story or add information for later reference.

Moreover, the titles in the story entries do not have section numbers, e.g., 1.2.5, which provide sequencing of the story entries in in the list of stories. This makes it difficult to find the story entry you need, as there are five stories named INTRODUCTION in the list, for example. These section numbers are present in previous AP modules that I have purchased and make perusing the story entries much simpler. I know that we can open the Book for the AP and get to the story entry from there, but that means one more large window open with limited screen space.

I would really appreciate both of these issues being fixed as soon as possible so I can start preparing this campaign.

Thanks.

I’ve sent an email to the DLC developers to review.

Regards,
    JPG

About a year ago or so, official product conversions stopped using Story entries and moved that information to the reference manual, there would not have been story entries in most recent official products.

With the recent 4.5 update, Fantasy Grounds now displays Story (Advanced) entries in the campaign Story data list. These are not the simple story entries you're used to but are the pages from the Reference Manual (now called "Book"). Open the book (reference manual) for the product and this will give you the whole product, laid out close to the original print/PDF product and you can access the relevant page you need as you have context regarding which section "INTRODUCTION" refers to, etc..

I agree you should be able to edit both the book and the Story (Advanced) entries, I'll reach out to the product converter to sort that out. But we won't be adding section numbers as this has been superseded by presenting the data in the Book layout.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks. I would be fine with just using the Book view, assuming the entries were editable. The only issue with that is that the Sound Context feature only works with the old Story entries (so far as I can tell). That means we would still have to open the old story entry to get the Sounds to show up properly.

Is there a way to tie a Sound Set to the open Book view?

The other issue with the Book view is that you can only look at one thing at a time, whereas with Story entries you could have several open simultaneously. Is there a way to pop out a Book entry into a separate window?

The Sound Context feature does work with the Story Book pages, just like with any other Story record.

If you press Shift while clicking on the page name in the Story Book index, it will pop out the page. Also, you can grab the link at the top of each page to drag elsewhere on the tabletop.

Regards,
    JPG

I have purchased the second module in the series and note that the Book entries are unlockable and editable. Do we have an ETA on when this will be fixed in the first module?

Quote Originally Posted by SillyOldeBear View Post
    Do we have an ETA on when this will be fixed in the first module?
    Sorry, at this point we don't have an ETA. We need to make some changes to the process that was used to build this module (the process wasn't used for part 2). Sorry for the delay.
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 6th, 2024 at 02:03.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I saw in another post that both modules are now editable. I appreciate it! Time to start prepping.

Thread Information