DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 36 of 37 First ... 2634353637 Last
    Generic Actions Layer - V1.25 - Features - added 1.25 as a scaling option for assets, previously 1.5 was the lowest option setting. If "GAL NPC" exists in your combat groups list any GAL created NPC will be added into it by default. Ideally you'd create this in campaign and set it to not be visible so no NPC created by GAL would show in CT unless you changed its combat group or the visibility of "GAL NPC". If not present then no combat group will be set for NPC.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Have you considered parsing the entire effect string for conditions? I don't know how time-consuming that would be to write so if it's a lot then problem not worth it. But if it isn't, consider this:

Instead of having to make several copies of the same webm file to cover all the different effects that include the restrained condition, have just one restrained.webm; and then any effect that has "something; something else; restrained; and another thing" puts the restrained.webm on that token.

Just an idea. Hope it's helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Farratto View Post
    Have you considered parsing the entire effect string for conditions? I don't know how time-consuming that would be to write so if it's a lot then problem not worth it. But if it isn't, consider this:

Instead of having to make several copies of the same webm file to cover all the different effects that include the restrained condition, have just one restrained.webm; and then any effect that has "something; something else; restrained; and another thing" puts the restrained.webm on that token.

Just an idea. Hope it's helpful.
    Due to the layers code only allowing one layer and not to edit things in that layer - making something put assets for EVERYTHING in a named line would generate an unusable amount of layers in the map. Hence, No.

This stuff was a HACK to do things FGU is not equipped to do with the current level of engine code they expose. It does what it does because of these limitations.

Good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Due to the layers code only allowing one layer and not to edit things in that layer - making something put assets for EVERYTHING in a named line would generate an unusable amount of layers in the map. Hence, No.

This stuff was a HACK to do things FGU is not equipped to do with the current level of engine code they expose. It does what it does because of these limitations.

Good enough.
    Ahh, okay, that makes sense. Thank you for explaining. Might I put forth one other suggestion? Again, no idea how hard this would be. Instead of having several copies of webm for each effect that we want to use it for; have like a list to map. For example:

Restrained -> restrained.webm
    Evardrestrained -> restrained.webm
    WebRestrained -> restrained.webm
    etc

What do you think?

Ahh, okay, that makes sense. Thank you for explaining. Might I put forth one other suggestion? Again, no idea how hard this would be. Instead of having several copies of webm for each effect that we want to use it for; have like a list to map. For example:

Restrained -> restrained.webm
    Evardrestrained -> restrained.webm
    WebRestrained -> restrained.webm
    etc

What do you think?
    I think I made a simple dumb tool that goes by named effects to one asset. Trying to make it intelligent as you suggest would be more trouble and full of more pitfalls than its worth. However, you are free to create an extension on top of this extension to modify it to do what you wish.

I'm keeping it simple. One name = one asset. Not really intelligent to know that name is a "condition" or anything else that might fall under a named entry.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I think I made a simple dumb tool that goes by named effects to one asset. Trying to make it intelligent as you suggest would be more trouble and full of more pitfalls than its worth. However, you are free to create an extension on top of this extension to modify it to do what you wish.

I'm keeping it simple. One name = one asset. Not really intelligent to know that name is a "condition" or anything else that might fall under a named entry.
    Fair enough :-) Oh, and by the way, I don't find it simple or dumb. Thank you very much for your contribution.

I added a bunch to the GenericActionsLayerImages.mod. It's mostly additional conditions using the same graphics. I also added a lot more weapons effects from the same free asset resource. I may have added 1 or 2 free asset effects as well. This does make it quite a bit larger. I'ts 1.8gb now. But a lot more conditions and weapon swings are there now. Here's a link:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/6hbma...=h3zeyxaf&dl=0

I added a bunch to the GenericActionsLayerImages.mod. It's mostly additional conditions using the same graphics. I also added a lot more weapons effects from the same free asset resource. I may have added 1 or 2 free asset effects as well. This does make it quite a bit larger. I'ts 1.8gb now. But a lot more conditions and weapon swings are there now. Here's a link:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/6hbma...=h3zeyxaf&dl=0
    Thank you so much, awesome work.

@Faratto - this looks pretty cool. Stupid question but how do I use this? Do I change the .zip to .mod and activate it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dax Doomslayer View Post
    @Faratto - this looks pretty cool. Stupid question but how do I use this? Do I change the .zip to .mod and activate it?
    Oh, did I forget to rename it to .mod? My apologies. If it's a .zip, just rename it to .mod and put it in your modules folder.

Page 36 of 37 First ... 2634353637 Last

Thread Information