Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by GoldBunnyFox View Post
    Then I copied it to the party sheet like you would for any other item they found on the parcel. But my players can't see its description. They only see "type".
    I've explained the reason why this is happening - see post #18, bullet point #2 above.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I was finally able to playtest the fixes on most of this today. Thank you for the support.

My players were able to see the custom notes. To anyone with the same issue: You have to type the notes for players in the only unlabelled field of the item. Don't put notes for your players in the section of the item that is labelled "Notes".

I still have a player that can't get content. In their case, they can get custom maps, but not the module maps. They confirmed that their antivirus isn't blocking Fantasy Grounds. I confirmed that I'm sharing everything. All the other players can get content. I'm stumped about how to help them. Can anyone help?

There's a way to clear the locally saved files on the player's side. I don't remember off the top of my head how to do that, but it's on the forum somewhere.
    The player could have an old file not being overwritten, or a corrupt file.
    They'll lose settings, but this may fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    There's a way to clear the locally saved files on the player's side. I don't remember off the top of my head how to do that, but it's on the forum somewhere.
    The player could have an old file not being overwritten, or a corrupt file.
    They'll lose settings, but this may fix it.
    Good idea. But, this is a brand new player that just got FG today. So, that can't be the issue.

Unfortunately, not only antivirus software can block data from being transferred. Other settings that they may have configured on their machine or router can block incoming data, such as internet filtering software (parental control, ad filtering, etc.) or router settings (quality of service, bandwidth throttling, SPI filters, etc.).
    More information on the wiki:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...roubleshooting

You can force a cache clear on the player side by having them delete the cache subfolder within the FG data folder; and you can clear all shared items as a GM by using /flushdb command while in your campaign.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Unfortunately, not only antivirus software can block data from being transferred. Other settings that they may have configured on their machine or router can block incoming data, such as internet filtering software (parental control, ad filtering, etc.) or router settings (quality of service, bandwidth throttling, SPI filters, etc.).
    More information on the wiki:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...roubleshooting

You can force a cache clear on the player side by having them delete the cache subfolder within the FG data folder; and you can clear all shared items as a GM by using /flushdb command while in your campaign.

Regards,
    JPG
    They can see custom images that I've added to the campaign. For example, they can see a custom map that I drew a grid on. We play tested this before they joined to be sure that they could receive files.

They can see the party sheet and combat tracker with NPCs and loot from the CoS module. But, they can't see the map from the CoS module. I don't understand how this can happen due to a network issue or whatever on their end.

Again, it's only module map content that they can't see and it's only them that can't see it. My other players all got the module maps. But, this player only gets a black screen with a grid on it. Is there something intrinsically different about how the module maps are coded? Maybe that could be a clue as to what is happening.

Anecdotally I've noticed a lot more sharing issues with the Curse of Strahd module in FG Unity. I ran Lost Mines of Phandelver before this on FG Classic and didn't have nearly so much trouble with sharing.
    Last edited by GoldBunnyFox; August 4th, 2024 at 04:37.

Do they have a player token on the map that they own? If they do not, they would not have any vision to see anything.

To make sure they have an owned token, make sure their character has been added to the combat tracker, and then drag the token to the map from the combat tracker. That should set up the ownership of the token to match the character.

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Do they have a player token on the map that they own? If they do not, they would not have any vision to see anything.

To make sure they have an owned token, make sure their character has been added to the combat tracker, and then drag the token to the map from the combat tracker. That should set up the ownership of the token to match the character.

JPG
    Yes, they own their player token and it's on the map when we test. I tested clearing ownership and having them re-own it. It made no difference.

I had them clear their cache. I ran the /flushdb command thrice. It made no difference.

They can't see the player's map of Death House or the DM map of Barovia.

They can see custom map images that I imported and put grids on. They can see the DM map of the Blue Water Inn, the DM map of Death House, and the player map of the Village of Barovia. They haven't progressed far enough in the campaign to have reached these locales but I shared them just to test.

So, what's up with the player's map of Death House and the DM map of Barovia? All of the other assets that we've tested seem to work. I added some effects to the DM map of Barovia. But, I confirmed that it was properly visible for another player. And, I didn't alter the player map of Death House at all.
    Last edited by GoldBunnyFox; August 4th, 2024 at 15:35.

Can you post your and your players log files here (Make sure that they are the latest files - you may want to have them connect again and then compile the logs after that).

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...o+Compile+Logs

Please also let us know how much memory the player is using when Fantasy Grounds is running,
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread Information