Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    Great stuff!

I just played around with this a bit and noticed a few things (sorry, I worked in QA for 12+ years )
    Thanks for the feedback.

When typing /xp, there is no help text coming up.
    This is within the standard FG slash handler code - it will only recognize strings three or more characters long (without the slash). /xp 100 works OK as it's more than three characters, but /xp is two characters (without the slash) and so FG doesn't run any code. I thought about changing the /xp to something like /award, but that's not really intuitive and so I think the lack of help text, but keeping /xp. EDIT: I'll code into the command itself some help text, on top of using the built-in help functionality which displays in the full chat help.

When using /atk, the damage is sometimes rolled first, but not always. I'm unsure exactly why but I've had it both ways. It would be preferable if the attack was always the first one to be rolled to have a consistent order.
    FG performs dice rolling actions asynchronously - displaying the result for each after the dice stop rolling. FG uses a 3d dice model, with more round dice rolling longer - as a d20 is "rounder" than usual damage dice, it will usually roll for longer and so the attack result is displayed after damage. Short of not rolling dice (i.e. using random numbers) there's no way to guarantee the display order.

I think it would also be useful to be able to do /atk +10, 3d6+3 instead of having to write out an attack name and "Damage" (if you don't specify an attack name, the bonus won't be added to the dice; if you don't write Damage, the command won't work). Or even a simple /atk +10 as we already have a damage command.
    This was specifically designed to use the standard NPC attack format - allowing copy/paste from statblocks external to FG. I'll investigate allowing simpler matches as well.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 19th, 2024 at 16:16.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This is within the standard FG slash handler code - it will only recognize strings three or more characters long (without the slash).
    As a suggestion you could use /exp as an alternative to allow for 3+ characters. Maybe have both available and xp being a sort of "abbreviation" :P

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This was specifically designed to use the standard NPC attack format - allowing copy/paste from statblocks external to FG. I'll investigate allowing simpler matches as well.
    I totally get it and it makes complete sense, just sometimes I'd like to just enter something from my head quickly without having to go through extra steps, especially on the player side where I don't have a statblock available.

But again: thank you so much for your great work and dedication!
    Help Fantasy Grounds get better: Write and vote on feature requests!

As a suggestion you could use /exp as an alternative to allow for 3+ characters.
    Typing /xp still won't give you the standard help text, only /exp would. But I'll put some help text within the new code...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information