Cosmere RPG Beta Launch
    Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    I've had a quick look. I can see them on characters but not on NPC.. Which would be in the 'npc sheet' on the 'spells' tab..

Are you in the 'legacy' or new remastered versions ?

So I can look to fix this issue. ( Probably after the weekend, as I'm not available for the rest of this week. )

-pete
    I am using pf2 remastered

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    Hi, I am using version 7.25 from the forge with Pathfinder 2. I edited and loaded B9_SpellTokens.xml and I can see all the tokens in the tool button (e.g. fireball). If I add the spell fireball to a PC sheet I can see the fireball token. I can drag that token and target or un-target friendlies or enemies with it. So far so good.
    If I add a PF2 bestiery 1 pit fiend to the CT (which has the spell fireball) I do not see a spell token either in the combat tracker or on the NPC sheet as described on the forge page:
    "For the DM, if a spell is defined on an NPC character these should also be visible in the combat tracker. Note, some rule sets do not show spells in the combat tracker in this case spell token should be on the NPC character sheet."
    Do I have to do something special for NPC tokens to work?
    Thanks
    Web
    Hi, sorry on the delay looking into this... Just back home and catching up with things..

I had a quick look and I can create an NPC with spells that show up. ( I checked all the rulesets to make sure the tokens show up and they seem to. )

In pf2 you can see that your creature it does not show up on, and in my created version they do.. Maybe something to do with innate spells ?
    pf2.JPG

I'll take a further look into this in the tomorrow and see if I can see what the issue is. Maybe its a different layout for the divine spells from normal spells..

Its an odd one... Have a look at some of the other npc's and see if they get spells... ( I dont play pf2 so not familiar with which creates cast spells... again I'll have a play tomorrow. )

Thanks, Pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Hi, sorry on the delay looking into this... Just back home and catching up with things..

I had a quick look and I can create an NPC with spells that show up. ( I checked all the rulesets to make sure the tokens show up and they seem to. )

In pf2 you can see that your creature it does not show up on, and in my created version they do.. Maybe something to do with innate spells ?
    pf2.JPG

I'll take a further look into this in the tomorrow and see if I can see what the issue is. Maybe its a different layout for the divine spells from normal spells..

Its an odd one... Have a look at some of the other npc's and see if they get spells... ( I dont play pf2 so not familiar with which creates cast spells... again I'll have a play tomorrow. )

Thanks, Pete
    I found tempest-sun mage from the lost-omens character guide that has the same problem, but with arcane spells
    Tempest-Sun Mage.png

I found tempest-sun mage from the lost-omens character guide that has the same problem, but with arcane spells
    Tempest-Sun Mage.png
    spells.JPG

So the issue is not about the spells, as you can see on an edited version of the pit fiend, adding in the 'fireball (at will)' does show the spell token... ( I then hand edited the db.xml file to 'correct' the level 8 version. )

Basically the issue is like on a player character, if you add a spell with no defined spell token you obviously do not get a spell token... If you then change the spell token configuration and add a spell token... the player does not get that spell token showing until 'reparse spell' ( radial menu, reparse spell.. )

This is what is happening with the NPC... basically the 'module' is pre-made and hence needs to have the equivalent of 'reparse spell' to get the database to have the required extra information.

I can probably add some lua code on 'npc spell window open' to cause a 'reparse' to get the system to update the data and show the icon.

Now I know the issue it should be a quick fix, provided I can find a suitable point to add some extra code into the ruleset.. ( Which normally is the time taking thing... finding a good spot to poke the code !! )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

spells.JPG

So the issue is not about the spells, as you can see on an edited version of the pit fiend, adding in the 'fireball (at will)' does show the spell token... ( I then hand edited the db.xml file to 'correct' the level 8 version. )

Basically the issue is like on a player character, if you add a spell with no defined spell token you obviously do not get a spell token... If you then change the spell token configuration and add a spell token... the player does not get that spell token showing until 'reparse spell' ( radial menu, reparse spell.. )

This is what is happening with the NPC... basically the 'module' is pre-made and hence needs to have the equivalent of 'reparse spell' to get the database to have the required extra information.

I can probably add some lua code on 'npc spell window open' to cause a 'reparse' to get the system to update the data and show the icon.

Now I know the issue it should be a quick fix, provided I can find a suitable point to add some extra code into the ruleset.. ( Which normally is the time taking thing... finding a good spot to poke the code !! )

-pete
    Excellent!

Excellent!
    I have a sort of fix for this issue.... But the main issue I have is that adding spell tokens into the pit fiend ( or any NPC ) requires me to create/add/set database nodes in the npc 'read only' data !!!!

So it has issues with things like shared npc sheets... as obviously a 'client' will get error spam in the console when setting database nodes they dont own...

On the host, adding nodes into a ready only database 'seems' to not give issues, it just forgets the changes on the next load/reload of the game. But as I set these nodes when you open the spells page of the npc it will re-add them on the first open of this part of that npc.

So it should be ok, but might have some issue on shared npcs...

I also need to re-check each ruleset to make sure other rulesets do not have issues or spam errors into the console..

I'll try and check all the rulesets over the next day or so, as I get time..

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

v7.26 Added power on initialisation to try and set the defined spell token.

Used for NPC's when sheet is opened it should now auto add the configured spell token from the name matching of the power.

Because a lot of the NPC's are set in 'read only' modules this data will be 'lost' on a reload, hence why the system will re-add the configured spell token when you init the spell/powers page.

Let me know if this causes any other issues conflicts I've not spotted, as I have limited data available on some of the rulesets the extension supports, so can not do a lot of testing.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Seems to be working today. The Pit Fiend fireball and true-seeing tokens appear now. Thanks very much.

Tokens not showing on map

Hi,

Tokens are displaying on character sheets and in combat tracker as expected. When dragged onto a map they aren't showing.

I feel like this may be something i'm doing wrong but i cannot find a setting that i could adjust that would affect tokens.

I'm using 5e ruleset and have this extension enabled through FGU Forge.

Help.

Apologies nevermind, i had some incompatible extensions which i've now disabled and it's working perfectly.
    Last edited by DanielMorley; August 9th, 2024 at 16:22. Reason: Mistake.

@danielMorley what did you disable.

Page 107 of 109 First ... 75797105106107108109 Last

Thread Information