Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
Page 37 of 39 First ... 273536373839 Last
    Blog Entries
    The other difference is it will report some of the specific rolls like Fantastic.

In either case you can have it auto-update using:
    1d6+1dMarvel+1d6+[a]
    or
    marvel [a]

Love the fantastic add! A couple question on what xcore can do out of the box with the die roller and some set up....

1. Can I reroll any of the 3 dies if a trouble or edge is in play?

2. Can I pull the rolled marvel die and multiply by the damage modifier?

3. If so, can that damage modifier be adjusted based on a damage reduction number?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Out of the box? No. Will need some coding. All is possible to some extent.
    I should have been clearer...by coding do u mean Lua, or the existing xcore die rolling string set up? Regardless, this does what I need it to as is, just looking to see if I can do more

I'm playing around with making an Ascendant character sheet, but having an Array issue. I create an array called VariableAttributes with the following (no quotes, of course) "15,20,30,40,60,80,120,160,240,320,480,640,960,128 0,1920". I have an Attribute called MIG (for Might) with a static value (essentially the "a" value) of 3.

Health I set calculation to "getdata|VariableAttributes|[MIG|a]" and it returns "0"
    If I set it to "getdata|VariableAttributes|3" it returns "30", as expected.

Hmm... so I then tried "getdata|VariableAttributes|0+[MIG|a]"and get "[ERROR] Script execution error:[string 'C:health_set:health_calc"]:135: attempt to concatenated local 'nDataResult' (a nil value')"

Ok, so I try "getdata|VariableAttributes|1+[MIG|a]" for grins and get "18"? Look like that performed a return from the array of a value of "1" (which is 15) and then added MIG|a to it.
    So maybe "getdata|VariableAttributes|(0+[MIG|a])"? But that just returns 0..., as does "getdata|VariableAttributes|([MIG|a])"

Thinking maybe it's an order of operations problem I think modified MIG itself setting a b value of "getdata|VariableAttributes|([MIG|a])" on MIG itself, figuring then at least MIG|a is set and referenceable since it normally would be but all of the above provide the same results.

How should I be properly referencing that array?
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    I should have been clearer...by coding do u mean Lua, or the existing xcore die rolling string set up? Regardless, this does what I need it to as is, just looking to see if I can do more
    The things you have asked about are not at all common across other RPGs.
    There is no support out of the box for them.
    If you spell out in great detail exactly what you need Ill see if I can make some time for it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
    I'm playing around with making an Ascendant character sheet, but having an Array issue. I create an array called VariableAttributes with the following (no quotes, of course) "15,20,30,40,60,80,120,160,240,320,480,640,960,128 0,1920". I have an Attribute called MIG (for Might) with a static value (essentially the "a" value) of 3.

Health I set calculation to "getdata|VariableAttributes|[MIG|a]" and it returns "0"
    If I set it to "getdata|VariableAttributes|3" it returns "30", as expected.

Hmm... so I then tried "getdata|VariableAttributes|0+[MIG|a]"and get "[ERROR] Script execution error:[string 'C:health_set:health_calc"]:135: attempt to concatenated local 'nDataResult' (a nil value')"

Ok, so I try "getdata|VariableAttributes|1+[MIG|a]" for grins and get "18"? Look like that performed a return from the array of a value of "1" (which is 15) and then added MIG|a to it.
    So maybe "getdata|VariableAttributes|(0+[MIG|a])"? But that just returns 0..., as does "getdata|VariableAttributes|([MIG|a])"

Thinking maybe it's an order of operations problem I think modified MIG itself setting a b value of "getdata|VariableAttributes|([MIG|a])" on MIG itself, figuring then at least MIG|a is set and referenceable since it normally would be but all of the above provide the same results.

How should I be properly referencing that array?
    Firstly this one wont work:
    getdata|VariableAttributes|0
    There is no 0 value in the array

Second There is limited support for string math operations together - it makes the code much, much harder to write if I need to try and accommodate all the possible permutations that people might write.
    Why are you doing 0+[value]? Its the same as [value].
    However this getdata doesnt support the math at all so do it something like this:
    In one of the unused fields on your roll (D in this example) add [MIG|a] in the autocalc (second) line and this should fill that value out
    Then in your primary line do getdata|VariableAttributes|d so you are referencing your derived value in d

Sorry, I think I just caused confusion with the extra things I tried. All I really wanted to do was "getdata|VariableAttributes|[MIG|a]". The others were my way of playing around to see if I could figure out why it was behaving like it did. I was trying to use this for Health, so there is no separate unused field on that.

That led me to the right place, even if it's a little roundabout. I used the "b" field of MIG to just do a "getdata|VariableAttributes|a" and in Health just set the Calc to "[MIG|b]" and that works. Thanks!
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The things you have asked about are not at all common across other RPGs.
    There is no support out of the box for them.
    If you spell out in great detail exactly what you need Ill see if I can make some time for it.
    I appreciate the offer - Let me get a session under my belt on Saturday and see how it plays - it may work fine as-is. Thanks.

Thread Information