5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12

I've been trying, but when I try to attach it here or in the Workshop thread I get a couple different popups saying I can't. Customer support says its a known issue and suggested I could post an extension in the Forge, but I don't really want to give all my personal info to get upload access there, either...

Modifying Character Sheet Question

Finally playing with Xcore and have a couple questions I'd love a hand with.

1. I've changed the name of the "Wounds" field to Focus - piece of cake. But even after reloading the campaign, when dropping the PC into the combat tracker, it shows the field in CT as "wounds". What am I missing?
    2. Can the LVL field be renamed? Also, how do I go about entering a value in that field? I don't seem to be able to change it from "0" - all the other fields can be entered without issue.
    3. After having made my changes to the PC sheet fields, is it possible to make that the default for all other subsequently created pc's?

I'm looking through the links Damned has posted to see if I missed any explanations to my issues, but thanks for any help in advance!

Blog Entries
    Hi Talen,

Changing Wounds to something different would not be a common thing to do as Wounds/Damage are very common in most game systems.
    Unfortunately I dont think there is an easy way to change what it shows up in the CT as that is using Tooltips which are coded in.
    I could make that accessible via extension...

LVL is again something that has specific functionality.
    If you dont have Levels then ignore it.
    You can manually edit the value in Level by ctrl+scroll but it will invoke the Level up script which will look for the correctly formatted Class data
    I will be sharing a Trail of Cthulhu extension soon that removes this field completely - rewriting/modifiying it is non trivial.

The way to address #3 is to export it as a templatename.xml for safekeeping and then simply drag and drop it as many times as is needed within the FG interface to create copies of the baseline character.

Thanks Damned. This works for me, im using Xcore for a barebones marvel multiverse game along with demiplane. I appreciate the guidance!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Did you see the Marvel extension I shared in Forge?
    I did not! I had searched the forge for "Marvel" and it didn't pop - but when i filtered for all extensions, it did. Thanks for the heads up and the extension!

Can the marvel[a] string be used as the dice string for initiative? just adding it when opening the cog doesn't seem to work.

[solved] ...but if I add the components for each string it does work... "1d6+1dMarvel+1d6"
    Last edited by Talen; July 5th, 2024 at 15:13.

Thread Information