2024 Summer Sale

Thread: From FG to FGU

From FG to FGU

This has probably been asked already, and if it has, I'm having a hard time finding so I apologize for being ignorant and/or redundant. A few years back, i bought the license for FG, and basically went on a shopping spree with a LOT of assets. When FGU released, I bought that license as well with the intent to start running games on that. Time and scheduling prevented that completely so I never even touched FGU. My question is, can I just transfer all that content from regular FG to FGU? I feel like it'd be a pretty large waste of money to have to repurchase all that stuff. Thanks for the replies, and sorry if Im asking a dumb question that's already been answered.

Edit: forgot to ask, is character transfer still available from DNDbeyond to FGU?
    Last edited by DarthSinistris; June 26th, 2024 at 23:58.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthSinistris View Post
    This has probably been asked already, and if it has, I'm having a hard time finding so I apologize for being ignorant and/or redundant. A few years back, i bought the license for FG, and basically went on a shopping spree with a LOT of assets. When FGU released, I bought that license as well with the intent to start running games on that. Time and scheduling prevented that completely so I never even touched FGU. My question is, can I just transfer all that content from regular FG to FGU? I feel like it'd be a pretty large waste of money to have to repurchase all that stuff. Thanks for the replies, and sorry if Im asking a dumb question that's already been answered.

Edit: forgot to ask, is character transfer still available from DNDbeyond to FGU?
    All the content purchased on your account will automatically be applied to FGU. That has always been the case and was made pretty clear when FGU was released, backwards compatible and no need to re-buy anything.

EDIT: Just login to FGU enter your account in the Setup page and Update. Boom. Might take a while if there is lots of content though

I have no idea about DnDBeyond.

I believe everything is attached to your account, so for purchases through the store they should just download once you have everything setup in FGU, which should be explained in the FGU wiki. It might take a while to download all your purchases if you have a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    All the content purchased on your account will automatically be applied to FGU. That has always been the case and was made pretty clear when FGU was released, backwards compatible and no need to re-buy anything.

EDIT: Just login to FGU enter your account in the Setup page and Update. Boom. Might take a while if there is lots of content though

I have no idea about DnDBeyond.
    awesome!! thanks a ton, I guess I missed this step because none if it is appearing in FGU when I try to setup a campaign. Thanks again!!!

I think there is still a DND Beyond converting site around here somewhere.

See video thirty eight here for how to import characters from dnd beyond. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity

As for Unity. You’ll need to update Unity once you have installed it, and added your license key and account username and password into settings. Make sure you are signing into the correct account when you enter the details into Unity. You can view what purchases you have made by clicking on the store dropdown in the store screen and going to order history. If you don’t see anything there it’s likely you aren’t in the same account you made the purchases under. Another possibility is that you made the purchases via Steam in which case you’ll need to sync your Steam and Smiteworks accounts.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...d+Applications
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by dmbrown View Post
    I think there is still a DND Beyond converting site around here somewhere.
    yeah i tried doing this, but it didn't work, or maybe Ive done it wrong. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    See video thirty eight here for how to import characters from dnd beyond. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity

As for Unity. You’ll need to update Unity once you have installed it, and added your license key and account username and password into settings. Make sure you are signing into the correct account when you enter the details into Unity. You can view what purchases you have made by clicking on the store dropdown in the store screen and going to order history. If you don’t see anything there it’s likely you aren’t in the same account you made the purchases under. Another possibility is that you made the purchases via Steam in which case you’ll need to sync your Steam and Smiteworks accounts.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...d+Applications
    thanks a ton, im definitely going to be looking through all these.

Thread Information