Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order

Accessing map via Combat Tracker

Until this week, my players were able to easily re-open the map they are on by clicking on their icon at left hand side of the combat tracker.

This week, while playing Traveller, my players were unable to do this, while it still worked for me as GM.
    I can confirm the characters were all on a map, and that I had dragged tokens from the CT to the map.

Game had 5 players and me as GM, but reproduced with 2 instanced of FGU after the game, locally.
    No extensions running at the time.
    Running on a PC, under Windows 11 (Alienware Aurora)

I've noticed the same issue with 5e as well (opening two instances of FGU, one as GM and one as player, and again can only open the map via CT as the GM.

Either:
    Door 1) I've had a brain fart (technical term) and noone else has seen this
    Door 2) Deliberate change to FGU I've missed announcement for
    Door 3) An unexpected (ahem) feature to resolve

Grateful for view on which of above. Happy to provide further details.

Players can double click on their token on the character sheet to open the map - and I think that's always been the case. Only the DM can open the map by double clicking on an icon on the CT (player or NPC); and I believe that's always been the case as well.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Zacchaeus - thanks for clarification.

Sorry to necro this post but is this still the case? As a player in 5e none of us could open the map from our sheets or our tokens on the combat tracker. The token/portrait on the sheet brings up image selection, nothing happens when double clicking the token in combat tracker.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by charmov View Post
    Sorry to necro this post but is this still the case? As a player in 5e none of us could open the map from our sheets or our tokens on the combat tracker. The token/portrait on the sheet brings up image selection, nothing happens when double clicking the token in combat tracker.

Thanks!
    Since the original question and answer a player double clicking on the character sheet portrait no longer opens the map that the character is on (this is due to the recent changes for the camera tokens). Players can now, however, double click on their token on the Combat Tracker to open the map that the character is on (previously only the DM could do this). This is provided that the map has previously been shared with the players. I just tested this and it is working as expected. If this isn't working for you then perhaps an extension is the issue? Try testing in a new campaign without extensions to make sure.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for the info.

The GM uses friendzone and advanced effects. I'll share the above with my group and see if we can figure it out next session.

Thread Information