DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 101 of 102 First ... 519199100101102 Last

I'm not sure size changes will help with this case because there's no way to set an absolute size change, everything is a change relative to your current size. There's a few spells like this that cause CMB rolls, really the best solution would be to extend the casting options in Fantasy Grounds to allow Combat Maneuver attacks and not just regular attacks in spells.

Edit:
    Oh wait, you can make Combat Maneuver rolls from spells, but it uses your player's CMB by default.
    Last edited by SoxMax; May 24th, 2024 at 14:46.

thx bmos

Quote Originally Posted by SoxMax View Post
    Oh wait, you can make Combat Maneuver rolls from spells, but it uses your player's CMB by default.
    i'll check it out thx!
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

I don't think it will accomplish what you want, as its basically the same as rolling a CMB from elsewhere on the player sheet. I've started to look into how feasible it would be to add a "magic combat maneuver" attack type to spells which uses your CL and casting stat instead of your normal CMB. This doesn't solve the Black Tentacles use case but it does solve for things like Thunderstomp. From there I can probably leverage what I learn to add a more modular spell Combat Maneuver that allows mix and matching CL & other modifiers.

Hey all,

Loving the expanded effect ruleset of this extension! But question; can something like IFT: Type(humanoid); DC: +1 be possible? or something like IFT: nodex; DC: +1? I don't think it currently is and this does cover some circumstances like Vow of Nonviolence spontaneously or like Cloaked Casting feature of the Beguiler class. If it is possible let me know if I'm doing it wrong otherwise I'm suggesting it.

HI FGMax
    IFT: Type(humanoid); DC: +1
    On the surface this looks like it should work but watch your syntax
    IFT: TYPE(humanoid); DC: +1 enhancement would be correct.

as to the condition (nodex) I don't think that one will work as the condition "nodex" doesn't exist and the correct condition is "Flat-footed" if I'm not mistaken....unless you have a "buff/debuff" set up that applies a custom condition.
    This is part of the curse(?) of being a GM or player....set it up and try it and see if it works.

When doing this I use "EFFECT BUILDER" Extension by SoMax---It's free, great tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitsend View Post
    HI FGMax
    IFT: Type(humanoid); DC: +1
    On the surface this looks like it should work but watch your syntax
    IFT: TYPE(humanoid); DC: +1 enhancement would be correct.

as to the condition (nodex) I don't think that one will work as the condition "nodex" doesn't exist and the correct condition is "Flat-footed" if I'm not mistaken....unless you have a "buff/debuff" set up that applies a custom condition.
    This is part of the curse(?) of being a GM or player....set it up and try it and see if it works.

When doing this I use "EFFECT BUILDER" Extension by SoMax---It's free, great tool.
    So I tried this and it didn't fire for me but it does look right. Let me know if you try it and it does work for you. Nodex is a condition that is provided by Kelrugem's extension, it isn't in the base ruleset. I was using that to setup another condition for DC increase.

Quote Originally Posted by FGMax View Post
    So I tried this and it didn't fire for me but it does look right. Let me know if you try it and it does work for you. Nodex is a condition that is provided by Kelrugem's extension, it isn't in the base ruleset. I was using that to setup another condition for DC increase.
    ok.....started with
    DC: 1 enhancement......just to confirm that works. and confirmed the DC was one higher.
    so, IFT: TYPE(humanoid); DC: +1 enhancement and you are right---it looks OK but doesn't work....
    so, IFT: TYPE(humainoid); ATK: 1.....and tried melee attack and it worked (I had a humanoid and a non-humanoid targeted, and only got the+1 on the humanoid.
    So, this is a bug where DC is not working with the IFT

It may have to do with Saving throws are done vs attack rolls.....not sure, need someone brighter than me to work it out.

Code:
    IFT: TYPE(humanoid); DC: 1 enhancement
    Should do it, you don't need the + when doing positive numbers (and apparently it causes it to break when included)

Quote Originally Posted by SoxMax View Post
    Code:
    IFT: TYPE(humanoid); DC: 1 enhancement
    Should do it, you don't need the + when doing positive numbers (and apparently it causes it to break when included)
    I tried this and it still didn't fire for me, I tried the DC on its own or with something like IFTAG: illusion and that seems to be fine. I also tried it in isolation on a PF1e and pretty vanilla 3.5 setup and no go there either. Is it confirmed working this way?

Thread Information