Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Overview of Solo Gameplay

1. Pick Your ORACLE: Learn the guidelines of it. Think of an 8-ball in rollable table form. Which is a Randomized YES / NO Answer Generator for your questions about the story you'll unravel.
    2. PREP MINIMALLY: And I repeat, minimally. There is a huge reason for this. Too Much Info is just an obstacle that turns your sessions into a slugfest. 1- Create Your PC. 2- Equip it. 3- Give your PC a quest. 4- Flesh out the quest by asking questions. 5- Optionally, give your PC an obstacle. 6- Place the PC
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Golden Rule of Solo Play and KISS IT!

The Golden Rule is FUN

If you want anything in your story, go for it! You don't have to ask any Oracle, you don't need to think about if it's within the rules. Although, these rules give your experience a structure and a frame. All you need to know about the Golden Rule is:

If it is FUN for YOU, then go for it!

K.I.S.S. IT!

Keep It Short & Simple!

"It" includes, pre-game preparation, background info, character ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. How Will I Motivate Myself for Solo Play?

Most of us start Solo Play because of necessities instead of choice. But it doesn't mean it has to be that way. Once you taste the freedom of Soloing, you can find ways to motivate yourself.

My Motivation

My motivation for Solo Play started even before I knew TTRPGs exist. I played the original Diablo and thought "I want to play my character but in a story instead of a loot game." And I did it. I used Journaling method without any ruleset or dice. I dreamed about ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. How Does A Solo Session Plays?

If you prefer to read an Example of Gameplay, check "Example of a First Scene" entry, right after this one.

Meanwhile, you can watch a Video Example by "Me, Myself and Die" to see it in action. Just until 11:16 is enough to get the idea. The rest is combat rolls and more story.

NOTE: You don't have to voice-act your characters as in the video. You don't even have to use maps! I'll elaborate later in "Modes of Play" and "Roleplay Styles" ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. What Will I Need to Play Solo?

• At least Standard FGU to keep things in one place and save your campaign.

• An Oracle. It is a Randomized YES / NO Answer Generator. I'll provide a simple one later. But I will also explain free Mythic GM Emulator v1: https://www.pbegames.com/mythic in its own entry. And later, I'll add usage of paid, more comprehensive Oracles such as MYTHIC v2, and The Solo Adventurer's Toolbox. Both are invaluable supplements for Soloing and they deserve every penny if not more.

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 63 1231151 ... Last
DICE PACKS BUNDLE