DICE PACKS BUNDLE
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Example of a First Solo Scene

If you watched the video in "How Does A Solo Session Plays?", you must have an idea about it. And after you learned the ropes, it actually plays as smoothly as in the video. But still, let's pour the knowledge into words for added detailed. If you don't understand any part, don't worry, this whole guide is written in the order of topics that complements each other.

• ASK only YES / NO questions about the things you DON'T KNOW in the scene to create a flow

Updated July 30th, 2024 at 03:50 by Tempered7

Categories
    Solo Play with FGU
  2. Overview of Solo Gameplay

1. Pick Your ORACLE: Learn the guidelines of it. Think of an 8-ball in rollable table form. Which is a Randomized YES / NO Answer Generator for your questions about the story you'll unravel. Such as Mythic GM Emulator's Fate Chart.
    2. PREP MINIMALLY: And I repeat, minimally. As described here. There is a huge reason for this. Too Much Info is just an obstacle that turns your sessions into a slugfest. 1- Create Your PC. 2- Equip it. 3- Give your PC a quest. 4- Flesh out the quest by asking questions.

Updated July 27th, 2024 at 06:35 by Tempered7

Categories
    Solo Play with FGU
  3. Golden Rule of Solo Play and KISS IT!

The Golden Rule is FUN

If you want anything in your story, go for it! You don't have to ask any Oracle, you don't need to think about if it's within the rules. Although, these rules give your experience a structure and a frame. All you need to know about the Golden Rule is:

If it is FUN for YOU, then go for it!
    K.I.S.S. IT!

Keep It Short & Simple!

"It" includes, pre-game preparation, background info, character ...

Updated July 24th, 2024 at 23:59 by Tempered7

Categories
    Solo Play with FGU
  4. How Will I Motivate Myself for Solo Play?

Most of us start Solo Play because of necessities instead of choice. But it doesn't mean it has to be that way. Once you taste the freedom of Soloing, you can find ways to motivate yourself.

My Motivation

My motivation for Solo Play started even before I knew TTRPGs exist. I played the original Diablo and thought "I want to play my character but in a story instead of a loot game." And I did it. I used Journaling method without any ruleset or dice. I dreamed about ...

Updated July 24th, 2024 at 23:58 by Tempered7

Categories
    Solo Play with FGU
  5. How Does A Solo Session Play

If you prefer to read an Example of Gameplay, check "First Solo Scene.

Meanwhile, you can watch a Video Example by "Me, Myself and Die" to see it in action. Just until 11:16 is enough to get the idea. The rest is combat rolls and more story.

NOTE: You don't have to voice-act your characters as in the video. You don't even have to use maps! I'll elaborate later in "Modes of Play" and "Roleplay Styles" entries. And there are tricks for managing ...

Updated July 27th, 2024 at 18:27 by Tempered7

Categories
    Solo Play with FGU
Page 5 of 67 First ... 345671555 ... Last
Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order