GI JOE RPG Launch
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    After the XML file is updated, is there a way to force Fantasy Grounds to use the updated data other than closing and re-opening the campaign? Refresh Assets does not seem to have any effect.

Try deleting the image from the image list and re-importing it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    You could also try /reload in chat. But that will reload the whole ruleset and campaign.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyOldeBear View Post
    After the XML file is updated, is there a way to force Fantasy Grounds to use the updated data other than closing and re-opening the campaign? Refresh Assets does not seem to have any effect.
    Metadata is cached with the token instance once it is read to prevent reading the metadata every frame. This is on a per token basis. You should be able to delete the token and add a new one to update the metadata. I'll have to check if this is accurate. If not, I can look at adding the XML to the asset refresh.

I've found that data is being cached somewhere and you have to slightly rename the asset in order for the new XML to kick in. Even logging out and logging back in doesn't seem to clear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekons View Post
    I've found that data is being cached somewhere and you have to slightly rename the asset in order for the new XML to kick in. Even logging out and logging back in doesn't seem to clear it.
    This is what Carl is saying. You need to refresh the image. So delete the original from the image list and then re-import it into FG.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    This is what Carl is saying. You need to refresh the image. So delete the original from the image list and then re-import it into FG.
    No, what I was saying is delete the token instance from the image. It's possible that the metadata gets embedded into the current database when it is read. I'm not sure about that, so I will have to check. If it is, I'll look at adding the metadata to the asset refresh.

Page 5 of 5 First ... 345

Thread Information