Cosmere RPG Beta Launch

Dragon Breath Damage not applying to a targeted PC

Every time I return from a deployment, seems like I've forgotten most things concerning FG.

During a combat, I can't seem to get a dragon's breath to apply the damage to the target.

- Clean Campaign.
    - Only extension is for a bigger font.
    - ADV REF and ADV Player tomes loaded.
    - Two PCs are on the Party Sheet and In the Combat Tracker.
    - Tokens of two PCs are drug from Combat Tracker and onto a map.
    - In Options, NPC hit points are random.

Prep:
    1) I created a copy of a Black Dragon by dragging the original and dropping it back into the NPCs list.
    2) Created a new encounter.
    3) Drug the Black Dragon Copy into the encounter, refreshed the xp value and locked the encounter.
    4) Drug the Black Dragon Copy token from the encounter and placed it onto the map.
    5) Used the menu of the encounter to add the Black Dragon Copy to the Combat Tracker. Black Dragon has 52 hp.
    6) Made the Black Dragon Copy visible.
    7) Black Dragon Copy's turn.
    8) Set Breath Weapon modifier to 52
    8) Tried a few ways of targeting the PC while testing: dragging the target symbol from the Combat Tracker to the PC; Ctrl+clicking on PC. Regardless, the PC correctly showed to be the Black Dragon's target.
    9) On the Combat Tracker, under the Breath Weapon, pressed "save", which correctly targeted the PC and correctly indicated whether the PC made the save, or failed.
    10) Pressed the "Damage" button:

A d6 visibly rolled and indicated a "3" result, and the following in the chat window:

GM (eye with line through it) [Damage] Dragon Breath d0+52 52
    [Damage]

11) No Damage/wounds were given to the PC

I was able to get Fireball to correctly work going from a PC to NPCs, with save results working correctly and the damage applying to the targets.

Last edited by Axe; Today at 04:28.

Thread Information