5E Character Create Playlist

(Some) Placed items on map appears as white blocks to client

Good morning,

I created a map using the stamp tool to line up two maps. These two maps are some of madcowchefs tiles.

I then created a couple more painting layers, and use the stamp tool to place some object, such as crates, barrels, tables etc, dirt, hay etc. I put down walls.

Things look good from my DM view, but when I connect as localhost to see how things look from the players view, things get a wonky.

Some, but not all, of the items look like white blocks. These items are all FG assets, and came from my assets folder, when I typed "crate" and such in the search bar. As mentioned, this problem is not ALL of the items on a paint layer, but only some of them. The ones that do show up, are all repeats of a certain item such as "BarrelA" There are no instance of some of BarrelA showing up and some BarrelA's being replaced by white blocks.

It is only specific items that do not show up, and then all repeats of that item do not show up. I hope I am making myself clear.

Any thoughts on this issue? Thanks!

Edit: One example of a specific item that shows up on my DM view, but not my localhost view is, Crate_1_decoration.png, it is from FG Medieval Machines War Pack.
    Last edited by seycyrus; Today at 15:39.

Here are two screen shots showing these views.Attachment 62456Attachment 62457

Is the layer hidden? Or set to DM only? I'm unable to reproduce. Can you maybe screenshot the image with the right hand panel open; that might help.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ok - things are fixed, but in the worst way - with no explanation.

I logged off my localhost and reloged back on, reshared the map from DM, and things were much worse, one entire map asset was a huge white block.

I then logged off localhost and client session. Restarted things back up (no updating or changing anything), and things are good. This restart took White Blocks -localhostView-fixed.PNGplace over 2 minutes.

I suspect it's something to do with the layer order. I don't know which layer is supposed to be the base layer but you have Line of Sight occluders on top of the layers which I assume the objects are in. So try moving the object layers above the Line of sight layer.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Ok - things are fixed, but in the worst way - with no explanation.

I logged off my localhost and reloged back on, reshared the map from DM, and things were much worse, one entire map asset was a huge white block.

I then logged off localhost and client session. Restarted things back up (no updating or changing anything), and things are good. This restart took White Blocks -localhostView-fixed.PNGplace over 2 minutes.
    Can you share a copy of your campaign?

Apologies for not paying proper attention during the umpteen posts that I have read where users have been asked to do this, but, as a zip file? The campaign even when zipped exceeds the file size limitation.

As a possible side note (could be very relevant perhaps), as I was looking over the files in the campaign, I realized that the map images that I had placed using the stamp tool are over the recommended limit in terms of file size. I usually create my own maps using CC3+, and pay pretty close attention to the file size, but this time it escaped me.

I opened the maps up with Gimp and exported them as webp, which drastically cuts down their file size.

My question is, can I easily swap out these two files in the images folder and FG will just place them as the background in relation to the items and walls that I have already placed? Or will I need to start over because FG pays attention to the file extension. I think the answer is the latter, but just wanted to make sure.

Thread Information