TALES of the VALIANT
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Currently manually.

And it's not a case of "new information isn't being saved", but "old information is lost". It's not a complete wipe as I may still have certain things like items or NPCS saved, but characters and access to maps lost (it's not even every PC as one was able to be imported from one of the corrupted campaigns).

I'm backing it up to have everything on standby. It hasn't happened every time I logged in, about two or three weeks apart, I think.

That's just really odd.

There's a link in my sig that automates the backup process. But that won't necessarily help if you open it and your campaign info is missing because it will backup a bad copy.

Still will make use of it for next time - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBoySlim View Post
    And it's not a case of "new information isn't being saved", but "old information is lost". It's not a complete wipe as I may still have certain things like items or NPCS saved, but characters and access to maps lost (it's not even every PC as one was able to be imported from one of the corrupted campaigns).
    Are you manually applying a backup when you have issues? Are you reverting to a previous db.session file in the campaign directory? Old information shouldn't be lost from the campaign unless you are reverting the campaign db.xml file with a different one.

When the GM exits the campaign, FG saves all of the current campaign data into a single db.xml file. If new information is being saved, then also information is also being saved - unless there's an issue saving in general and you're having to revert to a different db.xml file.

Sorry if you've been over this before, but I'm not sure exactly what your current situation is - are you getting errors when launching a campaign and do you then apply a previous db.xml file? Or does the campaign load fine, but you notice missing data? If so, is it all a single type of data (story entries, NPCs, items, etc.) or is it a piece of data here and there? We need to identify exactly what is happening, so please provide an example scenario of a recent issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information