GI JOE RPG Launch

Steam linux version doesn't work (but works on Proton)

For some time my linux version worked perfectly but now works only on proton.
    I changed my installation location of FGU to my main drive after that I could not update and had of being unable to complete SSL connection

But at least the proton version is running fine but I much prefer the native linux version.
    Last edited by AlysonLoubet; Yesterday at 22:40.

Whenever you change your installation location; you may links point to the old version; while after updating, the updater will re-launch the new version in the application folder specified in the Settings.

The best bet is to note your FG data folder location in the Settings; then do an uninstall/reinstall as well as ensure that any shortcuts/links you are using point to the new version.

Regards,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; Yesterday at 23:03.

all right gonna try
    Last edited by AlysonLoubet; Yesterday at 23:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Whenever you change your installation location; you may links point to the old version; while after updating, the updater will re-launch the new version in the application folder specified in the Settings.

The best bet is to note your FG data folder location in the Settings; then do an uninstall/reinstall as well as ensure that any shortcuts/links you are using point to the new version.

Regards,
    JPG
    I removed every folder that I could, cleaned the settings but now the it is stuck on the login part (infinite logging) on native version.

question tho: I will get in trouble using the Proton version until I can fix the normal version?

Edit: I think my problem is about the in cacertificates but I can't find a way to fix it.
    Last edited by AlysonLoubet; Today at 00:10.

We don’t have a Linux expert on staff. We simply use the Unity game engine to make a Linux build to allow FG to run on Ubuntu Linux.

You might want to check with any Linux experts you know to get help resolving the networking issue. Might help to post which Linux version you are using in case any of the Linux crowd in the forums has any ideas.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information