Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    But yeah, I"m with you. No way to login remotely as the GM is a real bummer. The server function and the administrative role are two logically separate things, or at least they should be from a software design perspective; but they seem to be very intertwined on this platform.

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swbuza View Post
    But yeah, I"m with you. No way to login remotely as the GM is a real bummer. The server function and the administrative role are two logically separate things, or at least they should be from a software design perspective; but they seem to be very intertwined on this platform.
    Yep, but it's a design decision made in 2004 (or before) by devs that are no longer involved with FG. Changing it at this point would not be trivial, but I'm sure it it was added to the wish list and received sufficient community votes, the current devs would carefully consider it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I just saw that there's another thread with this same idea posted, and someone made it a suggestion on the FG Idea Informer.

https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=135371

If we all vote for it, maybe it will get some attention!

Has there been any recent advancements or alternatives to running a dedicated pc for hosting games like fg, allowing DMs and players to log in and interact with the campaign independently?
    Hi, I am Luca

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LucaJones View Post
    Has there been any recent advancements or alternatives to running a dedicated pc for hosting games like fg, allowing DMs and players to log in and interact with the campaign independently?
    No.

You can do this manually if you remote host your own server and use an application such as RDP as the GM. But nothing has changed in the FG architecture to change the requirements.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Man, I would love this. The link above doesn't work, but if you go to the new feature suggestions list (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php), there is a Server feature to vote on.

I am running a West Marches game and would love for people to be able to log in and buy, sell, craft stuff.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information