Cosmere RPG Beta Launch
Page 22 of 22 First ... 12202122
    Thank you again for your prompt reply. As soon as I looked at the video, I saw my error.
    I was copying into (trying both) the fields above the buttons.
    As soon as I copied the stat block into the correct (and specified in the window) field, the parser is working PERFECTLY.
    Thank you for your patience, assistance, and for what is a great mod/tool to have.

Glad you got it figured out. I'll see if there's a way to make the UI clearer.

Oh, so you were pasting into the unid'd description box it looks like. Would the UI be clearer if the box to paste in was directly below the instruction text, with the buttons then below that? Or maybe just change the instruction text to something like:

"Paste stat block into the text box BELOW. Stat block can be either Paizo text format or monster.pf2.tools JSON format. Then click the button associated with the stat block format."

I've also thought about just having one button, and always trying a JSON parse first and then falling back to Paizo format if the text doesn't parse as valid JSON.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    Would the UI be clearer if the box to paste in was directly below the instruction text, with the buttons then below that?

I've also thought about just having one button, and always trying a JSON parse first and then falling back to Paizo format if the text doesn't parse as valid JSON.

Thoughts?
    Yes to both of these.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I agree, yes to both... probably.

If pasting the text in causes the button to scroll off screen and you have to manually scroll down to it, then please no to that. XD

But if that doesn't happen, then yes to both.

Page 22 of 22 First ... 12202122

Thread Information