DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Portraits: Why Getting Cropped?

Why do the Portraits get cropped on the Character Sheet? It does look fine in the Tabletop List, so it is not a big deal, but I find it odd.

portraits.png

On a side note, why is the image so small? Why even bother having it on the Character Sheet? Maybe it is just me because I play on a laptop with a 13" monitor, but wow, is that portrait dinky! It is not inspirational in the least.

Thanks for considering my gripe!

Blog Entries
    I'm not seeing this in a 5E 2104 campaign. Which ruleset (and rules version if applicable) and any extensions enabled?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Theme Simple Dark is the only Extension I am running. 5e. 2024.

portraits2.png

Is that a 3rd party theme? I have not checked. I assume it is SW's.

Portraits are limited to 100x100 so make your portraits that size if you want to see the whole thing. There are some changes to the way portraits work in the next version (currently in Beta) but I haven't really looked at what those changes mean. Not sure that it will change the size of them though.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

My custom portraits are 100 x 100, and it still crops the portrait with the Theme Simple Dark. Plus, in the two images I used for examples, I am using the portraits provided by FGU. I take it that you didn't actually test this.

portrait 3.png
    Last edited by Tooting Dog; Today at 17:25.

I didn't test it out, since I don't have the Simple Dark theme (and I can't find it on the store or on the Forge). So maybe it's a theme issue.

The Smiteworks portrait that you show in your screenshot is actually 200x200 (some of those are 400x400 for some reason). However they should still get scrunched down to 100x100 without losing any of the portrait. So I'm not sure what's going on. (I haven't tested in every theme but I'm not seeing the issue with any of the official themes that I have tried)
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Using "Theme: Simple Dark" in a new 5E campaign using the 2024 rules I see this in a new campaign with only that theme selected;
    Screenshot 2024-10-23 093525.png

I can not reproduce your issue with the general details you have indicated.
    If you give me the exact name of the portrait and exact steps to reproduce, I'm happy to try again.
    EDIT: hold on, I noticed in my console.log I had two themes selected...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by LordEntrails; Today at 17:51.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    So yes, "Theme Simple Dark" is broken.
    This is not a SW theme and appears to come from here: Simple Dark Theme
    It has not been updated since February 17, 2021, so it is not surprising that it is broken.
    The OP still seems to be active on the forums so you might try reaching out to them and seeing if they can update/fix the theme.

Thanks for the find, LordEntrails. I was wondering if that was a third-party theme.

It is my favorite theme because, normally playing on a laptop with a 13" monitor, I need a theme that is low contrast and not busy with as little frivolity to it. Bummer that it is not being updated.

Again, thanks!
    Last edited by Tooting Dog; Today at 18:44.

@Tooting Dog,

There is a Theme: Legacy - Simple Gray theme that looks similar to the one you were using that is being supported and comes with the default download. You might try looking at that one.

Regards,
    JPG

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information