DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Multiple Campaigns Corrupted

Hello,

A few weeks ago, I experienced a "Script Execution Error [string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_dualua"]" error that resulted in the right side of my character screen going blank for my Curse of Strahd campaign. Fortuntaely, this was rectified by using an older db.xml.

Today, I have experienced the same issue for my Tyranny of Dragons campaign. This time, doing this does not help. Additionally, my Curse of Strahd is missing all PC character sheets. It does not show any of the maps I added, and I cannot add them again because it still senses the maps as having been added.

At a bit of a loss as it seems using FGU means I'm at threat at losing campaign progress at a moment's notice, and I run multiple campaigns each week.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBoySlim View Post
    Hello,

A few weeks ago, I experienced a "Script Execution Error [string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_dualua"]" error that resulted in the right side of my character screen going blank for my Curse of Strahd campaign. Fortuntaely, this was rectified by using an older db.xml.

Today, I have experienced the same issue for my Tyranny of Dragons campaign. This time, doing this does not help. Additionally, my Curse of Strahd is missing all PC character sheets. It does not show any of the maps I added, and I cannot add them again because it still senses the maps as having been added.

At a bit of a loss as it seems using FGU means I'm at threat at losing campaign progress at a moment's notice, and I run multiple campaigns each week.
    Are you using any extensions? Does this happen in a new campaign without extensions?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Are you using any active sync/backup applications on your FG data (DropBox, Google Drive, Box, etc.)?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I know you've stated before that no cloud or sync programs are running in previous posts. But Microsoft might be to blame. They are trying to get OneDrive in all Windows machines, and OneDrive is installed as an integral part of Office. So it "could" be running in the background and you never know it. And one of the things it tries to automatically backup is the User Settings, Documents, Pictures, etc.

Where is your FG data directory at on your machine?

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2376...sking-you.html

Edit: Further anecdotes

This one sounds almost exactly like what you are describing.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/onedrive/co...lder_versions/

https://www.reddit.com/r/onedrive/co...ow_my_life_is/
    Last edited by Nylanfs; Today at 14:09.

@JohnBoySlim - sorry, I didn't realize we'd previously discussed data issues.

Your continued issues indicate there is a problem with Fantasy Grounds saving your FG data locally on your computer's hard drive. This could be caused by data sync applications preventing correct saving, FG being closed incorrectly, access rights locally.

Some things to check in future - after you cleanly exit Fantasy Grounds at the end of your session, go to the <FG app data>\campaigns\<your campaign name> directory on your computer and ensure that the db.xml file has been saved correctly - it should have a similar size to the previous db.session file.

For example, the screenshot below shows a campaign that I used yesterday - when I exited FG, the files highlighted were saves (October 22nd, 6:07pm). #1 is the db.xml file (the FG campaign database with all of the data - PCs, story, image metadata, etc.), this is 9,071KB. The previous file #2, db.session.20241022.xml, is of a similar size - so this can be seen as correctly saving the campaign data. If you've done a lot of additional work, then db.xml will be larger than the previous db.session file.

This might seem like a pain to do, but I think it's a good check to do immediately after exiting Fantasy Grounds cleanly, as it may help give an idea where the issue is occurring.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information