DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 17 of 17 First ... 7151617
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarly Dude View Post
    That would be inappropriate because many Fortune effects don't actually work that way in Pathfinder 2E.

For instance, if you burn a hero point for a reroll, that's a fortune effect -- and you use the result of the reroll even if it's worse. The same goes for Halfling Luck. Devise a Strategm is a fortune effect, and it only involves a single roll. Assurance is a Fortune effect and doesn't involve a roll at all.
    I know there are quite a few rules that allow a re-roll
    But the example I used was the Witch spell - Sure Strike spell (The next time you make an attack roll before the end of your turn, roll the attack twice and use the better result.)
    There are more spells that also allow these

I used the word Fortune because that was the word being used within Fantasy Grounds when you apply the spell effect in the combat tracker

It's not very common I know, But because it's already a function in many other Fantasy Grounds rulesets I was curious if there were plans to bring that functionality into the PF2 rules

Quote Originally Posted by Orimn View Post
    That's great to hear !

On a completely different subject, I was wondering if there was plans to add Advantage/Disadvantage to the PF2 rules
    It's of course a core part of DnD, and it's also integrated into Pathfinder 1E

My new PF2 game has a Witch character who uses the Sure Strike spell (The next time you make an attack roll before the end of your turn, roll the attack twice and use the better result.) and the automation in the spell book is written out as - Sure Strike; Fortune - So I assumed that you guys are planning on adding it using the PF2 naming of Fortune instead of Advantage/Disadvantage

Just curious, I love Fantasy Grounds game automation and I go out of my way to make sure all my players and myself have everything automated to the teeth, I like to know all the effects are being handled, modifiers, bonuses so we can focus on choices and not book keeping. It's what bogs down my at home game of PF2 I run with my son and friends. Making sure you have counted every bonus or penalty can make combat slow down, where my games in Fantasy Grounds are so much more headache free because you all have worked so hard on making this a wonderful gaming tool

Thanks for your time !
    The effect with fortune in the text is purely a reminder that Sure Strike uses the Fortune trait, and so has some limits regarding other fortune effects. As has been mentioned, abilities with the "Fortune" trait can have different dice rolling mechanics associated with them, and therefore there are no specific mechanics associated with this trait within FG.

Additionally, Sure Strike is not just limited to roll 2d20 and keep the best, it also ignores circumstance penalties and the flat check for concealed/hidden. Concealed/Hidden can be handled with the IGNORECONC and HIDDENDC: 0 effects, but ignoring circumstance penalties cannot be automated at this stage.

We will, at some point, add in a form of roll 2 dice and keep the best/worst, but it's not high on our priority list. FYI - this type of functionality isn't implemented in the PF1e ruleset - you may be getting confused with the CA and GRANTCA effects which are a hangover from the D&D 4e ruleset, and provides the flat-footed condition.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The effect with fortune in the text is purely a reminder that Sure Strike uses the Fortune trait, and so has some limits regarding other fortune effects. As has been mentioned, abilities with the "Fortune" trait can have different dice rolling mechanics associated with them, and therefore there are no specific mechanics associated with this trait within FG.

Additionally, Sure Strike is not just limited to roll 2d20 and keep the best, it also ignores circumstance penalties and the flat check for concealed/hidden. Concealed/Hidden can be handled with the IGNORECONC and HIDDENDC: 0 effects, but ignoring circumstance penalties cannot be automated at this stage.

We will, at some point, add in a form of roll 2 dice and keep the best/worst, but it's not high on our priority list. FYI - this type of functionality isn't implemented in the PF1e ruleset - you may be getting confused with the CA and GRANTCA effects which are a hangover from the D&D 4e ruleset, and provides the flat-footed condition.

Good to hear, thanks for the response.

Now that I think about it, It could also be a part of one of the many add-ons I use in our PF1 game.

Fantasy Grounds has really grown a lot with built in automation functionality in PF2 compared to PF1 which needed a lot of user extensions for automation, while PF2 really has most of the bases covered out of the box, which I appreciate tremendously

Thanks again !

Quote Originally Posted by Orimn View Post
    I know there are quite a few rules that allow a re-roll
    But the example I used was the Witch spell - Sure Strike spell (The next time you make an attack roll before the end of your turn, roll the attack twice and use the better result.)
    I've added in two experimental effects for attacks: ATKR2KH and ATKR2KL - Roll 2 d20s, Keep the Highest/Lowest. These will be documented in the Wiki soon - to use just add either effect to the attacking creature.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ober-22nd-2024
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Page 17 of 17 First ... 7151617

Thread Information