GI JOE RPG Launch
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    You are basically taking the sidebar notes and put it on the character sheet.

Why is this better than using notes which any player can access?

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    You are basically taking the sidebar notes and put it on the character sheet.

Why is this better than using notes which any player can access?
    Currently the notes field in the PC sheet is a plain text string control. The request is to change this to a formatted text control (or add another field that is a formatted text control). This will allow adding links to the PC sheet note field, and doing other formatted text that would make PC notes data more flexible than a string control. I don't think the ask is to add the sidebar notes to a PC sheet.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah my point was you can do those things with sidebar notes.

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    Yeah my point was you can do those things with sidebar notes.
    PC "notes" (stuff to do with the PC - links to deities, spells, other things, etc.) should be within the PC sheet, not within campaign notes, as they are specific to the PC. If a PC is exported from a campaign they need to have all of their details with that PC - that can't be done with campaign "notes".

For example, in the PF2 ruleset there is a plain text field for PC notes (this remains plain text for backwards compatibility), there are additional "notes: fields that are formatted text that allow adding in links etc. within the PC.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This was my test approach with World of Darkness and hoping it gets adopted in other rulesets.
    Screenshot from 2024-10-21 11-22-19.png

Like I said it's basically the action tab but for notes lol
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I think that it a bit cleaner with individual records.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information