GI JOE RPG Launch

Exporting NPC placement, map markers etc.

I am not sure if this is simply not supported or if I'm doing something wrong.

What I did was, I started a new "campaign" (to write a module, used by my main campaign). So I added a map, drew walls, created story entries which I placed as pins on the map. Afterwards I created encounter for those story pins and in all I placed the enemies on the same map.

Next I export this with everything checked and imported it into my main Campaign file.

Now my problem is that all seemed fine, except neither the story pins nor the NPCs within encounters are placed. Is that intentional or how would I achieve this?

Thank you!

PS: I don't think it matters since I vaguly remembered having this issue long ago in 5E but currently I'm using Shadowdark.

Correction - I dont know what I did different but placement of NPCs DID export correctly. Just not the map/story pins ?

Quote Originally Posted by Valhingen View Post
    Correction - I dont know what I did different but placement of NPCs DID export correctly. Just not the map/story pins ?
    Did you drag and use your own module assets or did you use links and assets from any official modules? I don't remember if this matters, but anything official cannot be exported without making a copy of the data you are linking from.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

http://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

No, I made my own module, typed up some story entries like "this is the boss room" and want those as pins on the map. For me those pins were not exported. The text was, just not the actual pin locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhingen View Post
    No, I made my own module, typed up some story entries like "this is the boss room" and want those as pins on the map. For me those pins were not exported. The text was, just not the actual pin locations.
    What about the map image itself? Also, Are you loading and building your module and loading it in the same campaign session? That can cause issues too, as sometimes I was in the wrong campaign, unlikely, but it happens. Also, exporting multiple variations of the same module data in your modules folder can be problematic because Fantasy Grounds will only show the oldest data.
    Last edited by Laerun; Today at 08:48.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

http://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Thread Information