Cosmere RPG Beta Launch

Map Traces (Paths Left Behind as Players move through Maps)

FGU Team,

Running S&W White Box and I have lighting enabled for my maps. I'm trying to run an old school type game with the player having to map by hand. I noticed when a player moves through a map, it leaves a path behind them showing where they moved. The darkness helps to create tension and at least an illusion on square blank page that they might not remember where they actually walked. The path breaks this. This, while helpful to the player, isn't something I want to have happen for the party. Not sure what causes this, or if there is a way to remove this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Fantasy Grounds II Ultimate License Holder
    Castles & Crusades Ruleset
    Savage Worlds Deluxe Ruleset
    Mutants & Masterminds 3e Ruleset
    Dungeons & Dragons 5e Ruleset
    Pathfinder 1e Ruleset
    Dungeons & Dragons Classics - AD&D 1e/2e Ruleset
    Dungeon Crawl Classics Ruleset
    Swords & Wizardry Ruleset

Currently Running: S&W Complete (Blackscale Lagoon)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetal1 View Post
    FGU Team,

Running S&W White Box and I have lighting enabled for my maps. I'm trying to run an old school type game with the player having to map by hand. I noticed when a player moves through a map, it leaves a path behind them showing where they moved. The darkness helps to create tension and at least an illusion on square blank page that they might not remember where they actually walked. The path breaks this. This, while helpful to the player, isn't something I want to have happen for the party. Not sure what causes this, or if there is a way to remove this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Try using the regular global mask feature in the map tools, and only unveil what you want, it doesn't prevent movement or anything fancy, but it's simpler and more old school in approach.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

http://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Thread Information