DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Duration: 1 hour vs 60 minutes

I'm using the 5e ruleset but I don't know if it applies to others.

For the automatically created spells on the PC actions tab: When the duration on the spell from the book is 1 hour, it would be more functional to have the automatically created spell translate that to 60 minutes. When you add an effect to the combat tracker that has the duration units set to days or hours, it does not store a duration for the spell (it says the duration to 0, i.e. unlimited).

Thank you for your time, here is a screenshot for clarity.Screenshot 2024-10-20 085742.jpg

Blog Entries
    Unless your combat lasts for an hour of in-game time it doesnt really make any difference - you still will have to remove it manually.

I think the Clock Adjuster extension would correctly process and remove these longer duration effects if they were parsed meaningfully into the CT.

One takeaway for me based on the OP's suggestion, is that when using "600" rounds, as opposed to "1 hr" for effects, you can remove the effect using "Clear Expiring Effects" feature.

I may consider recoding durations of one hour or less to 600 rounds for that reason. In my games, spells of one hour or less often do not span more than one combat, and it's easier to clear them all with Clear Expiring Effects than to search through the tracker for every effect.

Thread Information