Cosmere RPG Beta Launch

Thread: SOOOOO Delimma

SOOOOO Delimma

I really want to do a sci-fi game but im not entirely sure what. I lookewd over Starfinder, the isse with it is 2e has not really ready yet. they are still playtesting then the wait for it to come here to FG. i love claasic traveller, it was the second rpg i ever played (late 70s). Now mongoose has the IP, it looks good but as the books/modules are very $$$. Would you say there are a good amount og gamers out there that play it? i would love to bring it to my group, but im afraid they may find it to mathy.

I am just trying to get a feel to how popular it is amoung gamers here.

I wouldn't say it's too mathy. Maybe more that 5e but not by much, and the good news is that Fantasy Grounds does most of the math for you.

If price is a concern, the core book can get you very far if you are willing to put in the effort to make your own universe. No need for all the other supplements until your crew decides they want more. Ignore the default setting and design your own subsector map with 10 to 15 systems. You'll be surprised at how far you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Ask your players to top in $10 each to subside the ruleset purchase.
    i dont mind the money i just dont want to spend it on a game i cant get players for.

Blog Entries
    Apologies - I thought you had a group.
    I believe I read somewhere that Traveller was selling quite well on FG but i cannot find the source for that.
    Traveller has a long history and has been a fan favorite for a long time too.
    It is not so much of a hack and slash kinda game though so it doesnt appeal to everyone.

Thread Information