5E Character Create Playlist

Thread: Help please?

Help please?

I just bought the system and a ton of DLC content for 1.0 and 2.0. I can't seem to figure out how to do anything of importance. I have learned the basic there is a decided lack of YT videos that help with 1.0 and 2.0. I want to be able to import Dungeon Alchemist maps I have into maps here and run them here. I don't want virtual gaming as all my players are present but rather a map that is able to be displayed as they progress.

I have sunk a lot of money into this and after 10 hours of watching YT videos and experimenting I have not learned much,......

In Dungeon Alchemist you can export maps in a format that is specific to Fantasy Grounds (Click on File and then Export). Select Fantasy Grounds from the Format drop down and the file type in the next box and then save. Once you have done that open Fantasy Grounds and then click on Images on the right hand menu and then on the small blue import icon at the bottom right of the window that opens. Navigate to the folder you saved the image from DA in and select it.

There's more on import images into FGUVTT in video one here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; Today at 09:05.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

In Dungeon Alchemist, save your DAM file where you want the "master copy" to be, but when you Export the map from DA, select Fantasy Grounds as the format, then for the location, select either the FG images folder (if you want the map accessible in any campaign) or to the campaign-specific images folder.

You can get this location from within FG by clicking on the Assets button on the right, then the Folder button on the bottom right of that window. This will open Windows Explorer in the location of your FG installation. If you want the map to be accessible from any campaign, click the Images folder under the Fantasy Grounds folder. If you want it in a specific campaign, click the Campaigns folder, then the specific campaign, then the images folder.

Most of the maps I create are for my running campaign, so I'll save them to the images folder for that campaign, which in my setup is "I:\FantasyGrounds Unity\campaigns\Odyssey of the Dragonlords\images".

DA exports both the image and a line of sight and lighting file in XML format, so if you export to a different location, make sure you copy both those files back to the images folder.

I'm not sure if the Import process Zacchaeus describes above also imports the XML.

If FG is already running when you export the map, click the Refresh button on the Assets window to see the new asset.

Double-click on the map and click "Create Map Record". An Image window will open with the map in it, and will include line of sight and lighting from DA. I love DA!

One thing to note, however, is that although FG supports WEBM files, the ones generated by DA can take a LOOONNNG time to export, so I usually select JPG as my format.

Thread Information