GI JOE RPG Launch

Error message after latest update

Hi,
    After the latest update of FGU, as soon as I open any character sheet this error messages appears. (GM and player side)
    Any idea how to fix this ?
    Thanks
    Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images

The vast majority of errors are caused by extensions that aren't compatible with other extensions or need updating. The clue is in the error messages - RMCBHTConBonus is raising the error message, although the actual issue may be caused by another extension.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

ok I got it. I'm really tired to miss that. Thanks

I get exactly the same recently. Engelmann, have you been able to solve this?

It's a simple fix, really. The author @thecatacost, needs to get rid of the "RMC" at the end of the setReadOnlyRMC calls.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

I've suspended support for any extensions. It just isn't worth my time anymore to have to continually update them.
    Smiteworks has a developer relations problem (perceived or real) that needs to be fixed.

They were last active last year...so not sure my message to them will go through
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

I've suspended support for any extensions. It just isn't worth my time anymore to have to continually update them.
    Smiteworks has a developer relations problem (perceived or real) that needs to be fixed.

Hey, got the message from a couple of you. I’ll make the suggested fix and try to get things uploaded tomorrow.

Super, thanks a lot, both to deer_buster and thecatacost.

Just out of curiosity: what actually is the extension which needs the update?

Unfortunately it is not a trivial fix as implied above. The author of the ruleset has changed the code that calculates stat bonuses and moved it into a consolidated file scripts/rules_pc.lua.

The good news is the RMC ruleset author seems to have started adding or at least cleaning up Options for RMC rules. Perhaps they would be willing to incorporate the BHT fix into the base ruleset given their recent activity.

For reference the original extension in question is here: https://github.com/strnglp/RMCBHTConBonus

I haven't played RMC or launched FG in a year so I'm probably not going to get around to making the required changes. I will remove the extension from the Forge or see if I can mark it as incompatible with the latest ruleset.

Hi thecatacost,

I try to put RM specific stuff in the rules_*.lua files so they are easier to update. I will take a look at the code later tonight and get you a new working copy you can post on the forge. I will post back here with it at that time.

Dakadin

Thread Information