Cosmere RPG Beta Launch

Question about color change for specific FX

Can someone let me know if there is a way, on a combat map, to change the color of a specific effect without changing the color of the whole map? Example, I want a myst or cloud effect to roll over my combat map but want it to be purplish. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonbens View Post
    Can someone let me know if there is a way, on a combat map, to change the color of a specific effect without changing the color of the whole map? Example, I want a myst or cloud effect to roll over my combat map but want it to be purplish. Any ideas?
    Did I not answer this elsewhere, or am I imagining things? No, you can't directly change the colour of the Myst or Clouds. But you could use masking to mask areas or myst or clouds and use the colour fx to make those areas a different colour. You'd have to match the masking to each of the two fx layers.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Did I not answer this elsewhere, or am I imagining things? No, you can't directly change the colour of the Myst or Clouds. But you could use masking to mask areas or myst or clouds and use the colour fx to make those areas a different colour. You'd have to match the masking to each of the two fx layers.
    Sorry, yes you did respond. I went in this morning and didn't see a response at first and also couldn't find my post. I thought it hadn't gone through for some reason. I only saw your response after I sent the second post. Thank you for that btw.

Blog Entries
    If you duplicate an FX layer the mask will be copied. Duplicate the layer and change the FX type on the duplicate.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    If you duplicate an FX layer the mask will be copied. Duplicate the layer and change the FX type on the duplicate.
    See this is why you are the real GOAT here. I did not know that. And would never have ever thought of trying it. Ever.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    See this is why you are the real GOAT here. I did not know that. And would never have ever thought of trying it. Ever.
    It's a trick I learned from Joshua Watmough. It wouldn't have occurred to me otherwise.

Thread Information