DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 8 First ... 678
    The detail for dropped dice in the default Elven Accuracy support is right there in the chat window. It shows the specific dropped dice out of the three dice rolled.

Regards,
    JPG

I have adopted another option.

I go with the "/console skip" option. In essence, we just ignore the problems.

I love my extensions, AND I have purchased a bunch of them--love my new shiny toys. I probably run 20-30 exts most of the time. We are well past not updating FGU for many of the extensions. I run our game in parallel, using Dungeon Alchemist for a 3D world and FGU for the 2D map version and game-play engine. I turn "Shared Screen" on and off in Zoom to move the 3D world around, and I also run Syrinscape both triggered and manually. SO, there is a ton of stuff going on for me during game play: I have five monitors going. So, we just play the game and assume everything is working the way it should. It's worked pretty well for us, and FGU allows for more customization and home-brew creativity than anything else.

During prep time, I have to deal with some issues, like the issues with Kit'N'Kaboodle, which is as essential to any home-brew DM as any extension there is.

Every now and then the game play gets a bit clunky, and we all shut down and reboot, but even that is very rare (once every couple of 4-hour games, or so).

Just another perspective from someone who is both a fan of FGU AND almost every extension.

Greece or Iceland, depending on the time of year.
    Kit'N'Kaboodle is mostly fixed, but you have to download the fixed version from a link in its thread. It's no longer updated via the Forge.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain the Great View Post
    I have adopted another option.

I go with the "/console skip" option. In essence, we just ignore the problems.

I love my extensions, AND I have purchased a bunch of them--love my new shiny toys. I probably run 20-30 exts most of the time. We are well past not updating FGU for many of the extensions. I run our game in parallel, using Dungeon Alchemist for a 3D world and FGU for the 2D map version and game-play engine. I turn "Shared Screen" on and off in Zoom to move the 3D world around, and I also run Syrinscape both triggered and manually. SO, there is a ton of stuff going on for me during game play: I have five monitors going. So, we just play the game and assume everything is working the way it should. It's worked pretty well for us, and FGU allows for more customization and home-brew creativity than anything else.

During prep time, I have to deal with some issues, like the issues with Kit'N'Kaboodle, which is as essential to any home-brew DM as any extension there is.

Every now and then the game play gets a bit clunky, and we all shut down and reboot, but even that is very rare (once every couple of 4-hour games, or so).

Just another perspective from someone who is both a fan of FGU AND almost every extension.
    /console skip is a great band aid for getting through a session but it should be used with caution. If you know you need to use /console skip it hides underlying issues and can and also has know to cause database corruption depending on the error and what the extension is trying to do. You really need to not use extensions that are throwing errors.

I have a new extension (windows only atm) that might help with some of the pain felt with updates. It allows you to control updates to Fantasy Grounds. You can now select if you want FG updated, or just a forge product updated. Installation details and usage instructions are at https://github.com/jharp/UpDEnhanced

You can install it without a license to make certain it launches for you. Afterwards you can obtain a license at https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/944/view

Jason

Page 8 of 8 First ... 678

Thread Information