GI JOE RPG Launch

Saving changes to NPC made on the combat tracker

Hello! Im not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but here it goes.
    Thread title. If I make changes to an NPC on the combat tracker, to weapons, stats, etc. Is it possible to save them somehow? The idea is for me to remove that NPC from the combat tracker without loosing my changes.

You can click and drag the link from the combat tracker to the NPC masterindex (the window that appears when you click on a sidebar button) and drop it over the list. It will create a copy of the combat tracker entry. Then you can remove it from the combat tracker at your whim.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thanks for the quick reply. Its not working or maybe Im doing something wrong. The copy of the NPC is created, but the only thing that is being saved is the name. Changes to HP, weapon modifications, extra spells, AC, etc are the same as the original record

What ruleset are you using? This might not be fully fleshed out for some of the rulesets we provide
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

I dropped a link of an Air Elemental to the combat tracker. I clicked on the link and made changes to the NPC. I then used the link in the combat tracker and drag and dropped it to the master index and it copied the NPC as expected. You might have to provide the steps you are performing to see if something might have been missed. Also, if you have extensions, they may interfere with this process in some cases.

Screenshot from 2024-10-16 08-36-27.png
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

I mean changes done directly on the combat tracker. Like, expanding the offense section on the combat tracker and changing numbers there, or adding new lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Zengar View Post
    I mean changes done directly on the combat tracker. Like, expanding the offense section on the combat tracker and changing numbers there, or adding new lines.
    That doesn't change the NPC sheet; that only changes things in the Combat Tracker. When you add an NPC to the CT it creates a copy of the NPC. If you want to make changes to the NPC open the sheet by clicking on the link and then changing the NPC sheet. It's actually better to make a copy of the NPC in the NPC list first, make any changes, and then place the copy onto the CT.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ok, thought so. Thanks a lot!

Thread Information