GI JOE RPG Launch
Page 111 of 111 First ... 1161101109110111
    Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    it's fine (it's just, one of my character is playing a warblade and he's soo to level up and get "Finishing Move" XD Sure I can do it manually but IFT: "healthy" "wounded" and "bloodied" are exactly what's needed for automating that one maneuver :P)
    I think I found the issue! I am fixing it right now

The problem (if you are interested): The overlay code checks whether certain effects are on the CT entry. For example "stable" applies a certain overlay However, the code for the overlays also checks for the wound percentage (for obvious reasons), and effects like "bloodied" also check the wound percentage. Thus, what can happen: Overlays check the wound percentage, in that process the code checks for effects like "stable", this on the other hand triggers the effect code which checks for the wound percentage to determine whether someone is healthy etc... Then we're back at the wound percentage stuff and a loop got created!

I had this problem once with "stable" and I resolved that. But some time ago I added blood trails and after a request I added "noblood" as effect to turn off blood trails and overlays for specific CT entries. And now the same problem happens with "noblood" as effect

(for these loops it is not important whether or not a CT entry has the effect stable or noblood, the loop already starts simply due to the fact that the code has to check for these effects)

Thus, I am reinventing that code now to avoid that kind of loop I think I have a solution which helps resolving with the performance overall. When the code checks for effects like stable and noblood for applying overlays, then it will now ignore stuff like bloodied and IF(T) and stuff like that. Maybe I should also apply that to other kind of effects to improve the performance in FG effect stuff in general(?)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; Today at 16:23.

I just reuploaded a new version This should now resolve the stack overflow issue Thanks for the report, Asgurgolas

Page 111 of 111 First ... 1161101109110111

Thread Information