DICE PACKS BUNDLE

LFP 5E (2014) WBtW Monday 8-11 PM EDT (UTC -4)

LFP 5E (2014) WBtW Monday 8-11 PM EDT (UTC -4)

Game System: 5th Edition D&D, 2014 rules (Tasha's options allowed)
    Day of Week: Monday
    Time: 8:00 PM - 11:00 PM
    Timezone: EDT (UTC -4)
    Frequency: Weekly
    GM License: Ultimate
    Voice: Discord
    Video: Discord
    Streaming: No
    Game Style: 75% roleplay, 25% combat
    Starting Level: 3

I would like to run Wild Beyond the Witchlight for a party of four players. If enough players are interested I will run a one-shot (TBD) for up to six players prior to the start of the campaign and invite players to the campaign based on our experience with the one-shot. We will be using the 2014 rules for 5th Edition D&D, but I am open to most non-homebrew character options. The game will be played in Fantasy Grounds, but I am asking everyone to turn on their cameras during the sessions so that we can see one another while we are roleplaying. The game will not be streamed or saved.

My DM style is roleplay-oriented. I encourage players to create backstories with hooks and goals that will help me integrate them into the world of the campaign. There will be time for the players to roleplay among one another and with NPCs. I am looking for mature, adult players who will be enthusiastic about the story and actively participate in conversations with other characters.

That said, while Wild Beyond the Witchlight is known as a combat-light adventure, there WILL be combat, including combats that I have added into the campaign. So please don't build a full pacifist, or you will be sitting on the sidelines during the fights.

If you are interested in joining the campaign, please DM me with a brief (no more than two paragraphs) pitch for a character you might play in the campaign. You are not committing to this character now; I just want to see your creative side. Your character should be an employee of a traveling carnival. How long have they worked there? What do they do? What might motivate them to leave?

If you should need one more….

…I would love to see if we are a good fit.

I absolutely agree that being able to see each other as players and DMs bring out the best in roleplay. Something that I really look for in a game. Great character RP moments in a great adventure. That being said…

…there was once a boy who grew up with his mother in a small village not far from the city. His name was Jauren. His mother had raised him alone after his father died in war. It was about that time when she started her physical deformity upon her face. A small wart that grew with the passing years to being swollen and bloated, disfigured to the point where narry a person would hire her, children shunned her, and tormented Jauren in turn. She feared she and her child would starve. One day, a travelling circus arrived near the village. It was here where they not only found employment, but a home amongst the strange and unique. Years passed, and her gift would also be her curse. It began to grow to which no healing would stop it…until it took her life. And Jauren was left alone. Not special, not talented, not unique in any way. He was alone and angry and lost. In his rage, swore he would give everything, do anything to find who cursed his mother and took her life…

…someone or something was listening that night…and answered his call.

If you were interested in letting me join, I’d love to go over the Warlock Patron possibilities.
    Would love to have his mother cursed by a Hag only to have one be a Patron to Jauren. Plenty of reasons to leave and find answers.

Anywho, I ramble. Thanks for reading!

-Chris

Thread Information