GI JOE RPG Launch

AD&D 2E Long Rest not restoring Hit Points

Hi,

I tried searching for this issue and found nothing, so I'm either inept at searching or at something else.

I am just learning Fantasy Grounds with the "Classic D&D" ruleset. I've had no actual play sessions yet. I've been following along with some tutorials. I'm now at the Combat section. I've used an Encounter in the Combat Tracker to damage all 3 party members. When I do a Long Rest in the Combat Tracker, it shows up in Chat "Party taking long rest." However, none of the damaged party members are healing. I've also tried going to an individual Character Sheet and using the Long Rest function. That also isn't healing the PC.

Anyone have any helpful suggestions? I assume if this was an issue for others it would have been posted by now.

Thanks,

Chad

Long Rest is not a thing in 2e.

There is no linked healing, recovering spells, etc. linked to any one action like that.

Perhaps an extension to simulate that type of thing is out there?
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Dragonslayers.space

Quote Originally Posted by anstett View Post
    Long Rest is not a thing in 2e.

There is no linked healing, recovering spells, etc. linked to any one action like that.

Perhaps an extension to simulate that type of thing is out there?
    I had to double check the rules. 2E PH Chapter 9: Combat "Natural Healing" says with low activity characters regain 1 HP per day. With complete bed rest, they get 3 HP per day. Complete bed rest would seem to me to line up with Long Rest, so I guess I'd expect the ruleset to use that metric for the Long Rest button in the 2E Ruleset. (Even better would be to provide full healing or the 3 HP as options in the Options menu.)

As long as I know it's not currently supposed to work that way, I'm good. We can do manual healing. Thanks for answering. I really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by ProDieM View Post
    I had to double check the rules. 2E PH Chapter 9: Combat "Natural Healing" says with low activity characters regain 1 HP per day. With complete bed rest, they get 3 HP per day. Complete bed rest would seem to me to line up with Long Rest, so I guess I'd expect the ruleset to use that metric for the Long Rest button in the 2E Ruleset. (Even better would be to provide full healing or the 3 HP as options in the Options menu.)

As long as I know it's not currently supposed to work that way, I'm good. We can do manual healing. Thanks for answering. I really appreciate it!
    You'll note that they "Rest" depends on where. In a dungeon wearing armor is not what they are referring to. . The reason the "long rest" does not adjust health is because it depends on where they are resting. If it's in a inn/safe camp where you remove your armor and dont have to worry about a dragon eating you all night then you'd get the healing. You can also increase that with someone that has healing skills.

So, it has to many "undefined" variables for the system to know so it's left up to the DM to determine if they get it and resolve how it's handled. I create actions for my players that will heal them 3 and tell them when they can use it.

(highlight isnt relevant, its my own markup for me)
    Last edited by celestian; Yesterday at 22:13.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset FGU Reference Module, or Web.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information