DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Isometric grids in FGU available?

Hi to all,

not sure if this is a bug- I imported a isometric grid map from incanate to FGU and it seems really clear, that there is no gridtype from FGU exactly mathing it or do I miss something? This is really hard, because it makes using beautiful §D (from Dungeon alchemist) or isometric from Incarnate or CC3 such much harder?
    Another question- can I somehow import 3D into FGU? 3D toons are possible and also a 3D view..?

Thanks
    Micael

I'd suggest exporting your map without a grid so that you don't then have to try and match it up with the FG grid. There is an isometric grid option (it's the diamond shaped one in the grid type drop down); but I don't know if there's more than one kind of isometric grid.

You can't import 3d images into FG. You can import .wepb, .jpg, png, or .uvtt files.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by micael View Post
    Hi to all,

not sure if this is a bug- I imported a isometric grid map from incanate to FGU and it seems really clear, that there is no gridtype from FGU exactly mathing it or do I miss something? This is really hard, because it makes using beautiful §D (from Dungeon alchemist) or isometric from Incarnate or CC3 such much harder?
    Another question- can I somehow import 3D into FGU? 3D toons are possible and also a 3D view..?

Thanks
    Micael
    I exported an map from Inkarnate with an isometric grid and it looks like they may be rendering the grid in an "interesting" way. To get the iso grid to line up on a 2048 x 1536 map, I had to set the isogrid in FGU to 88.66 x 51.25. There is still a tiny bit of drift on the alignment, but nothing that would cause any problems.

Blog Entries
    Isometric is there, I would need more details and perhaps a sample image to see if I could reproduce your isometric issue or not.
    And as Mr Z says, it's always cleaner if maps you import to FG do not have a baked in grid. No concern of distortion etc if that's the case.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information