Fantasy Grounds Merchandise
Page 110 of 110 First ... 1060100108109110
    Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    If you dont set it visible, it does not show in LoS at all... its only GM visible for ever.

The line of site only shows visible things if they are not lost in the LoS, then it return nil. ( For the players... )

So you basically want a player to place any spell token in the map, and it never show to them....

-pete
    Maybe I wasn't clear - not the intent at all to have the DM do the work

Concrete example of behavior as of how it works today thru the UI: if a player drops a spell token and then the GM makes that spell token Mask Sensitive, then the player sees the token, but based on the player's LOS. I was hoping that setVisible(nil) would make the token Mask Sensitive and the players would then see it with LOS without needing setVisible(true) similarly as to what can be done in the UI.

Quote Originally Posted by DevInstinct View Post
    Maybe I wasn't clear - not the intent at all to have the DM do the work

Concrete example of behavior as of how it works today thru the UI: if a player drops a spell token and then the GM makes that spell token Mask Sensitive, then the player sees the token, but based on the player's LOS. I was hoping that setVisible(nil) would make the token Mask Sensitive and the players would then see it with LOS without needing setVisible(true) similarly as to what can be done in the UI.
    Thats not how it works... because we dont have the API call to set the mask sensitivity.

setVisiblity( false ) -> not visible on the player screen, no matter what location. ( ie could be standing next to the player in view... and will not be visible. )
    setVisibility( true ) -> Possibly visible by the player, masked be the LoS. ( ie npc behind a wall is not visible, unless the player has seen that bit of map previously or can see into that room. )

The sensitivity of selection via the mask part of the raidal has no lua api call its hidden via the c# code only.

Hence the way the code currently works.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Thats not how it works... because we dont have the API call to set the mask sensitivity.

setVisiblity( false ) -> not visible on the player screen, no matter what location. ( ie could be standing next to the player in view... and will not be visible. )
    setVisibility( true ) -> Possibly visible by the player, masked be the LoS. ( ie npc behind a wall is not visible, unless the player has seen that bit of map previously or can see into that room. )

The sensitivity of selection via the mask part of the raidal has no lua api call its hidden via the c# code only.

Hence the way the code currently works.

-pete
    I saw here that setVisiblity(nil) was possible, but could be unofficial or as you say lua - I have no idea since I don't know how to code an extension
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ive-visibility

Thanks again for the follow up, your extension is very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by DevInstinct View Post
    I saw here that setVisiblity(nil) was possible, but could be unofficial or as you say lua - I have no idea since I don't know how to code an extension
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ive-visibility

Thanks again for the follow up, your extension is very cool.
    Yep thats exactly why the extension code does use this, its undocumented.. and I recall at one point it was working, but the restructures have broken it.

As I said just a few posts above, 'token.setVisible(nil);' is used in the extension.

You have to put up with what happens in the code, and work with the documentation and non-documented parts of the code as best as possible. Sometimes these things are working, or work for a while, sometimes they break and stuff no longer works.

It is what it is !!

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Looking down the ruleset it does look to be used in a few locations, setting the 'nil' for setVisible. Its possible some interaction across the ruleset is conflicting the required sequence. Much of this code in the extension is multiple years old now. Maybe it needs a different sequence order now. Its hard to tell without a good dig into the ruleset usage and code, and time playing with the setting points.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Looking down the ruleset it does look to be used in a few locations, setting the 'nil' for setVisible. Its possible some interaction across the ruleset is conflicting the required sequence. Much of this code in the extension is multiple years old now. Maybe it needs a different sequence order now. Its hard to tell without a good dig into the ruleset usage and code, and time playing with the setting points.

-pete
    It's interesting, maybe after all removing the spell token owner's setVisible(true) while making sure setVisible(nil) is called would result in Mask Sensitive visibility.
    In any case, great if you have the time to dig deeper, otherwise we'll continue to enjoy the extension as it is 👍

Page 110 of 110 First ... 1060100108109110

Thread Information