5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Best FGU Campaign?

Hello everyone!

I've heard that Dungeons of Drakkenheim is a campaign that really helps DMs, in the sense that you don't have to do much work to make the campaign work, and they include many helpful things... unfortunately it doesn't exist on FG

So: What - non CoS - campaigns would you recommend based on the following criteria:
    - Fun
    - starts at*levels*1-3*
    - Colored Maps, hopefully with FG Walls done
    - Minimizes the extra work the DM has to put into it

I don't care if its WOTC or 3rd party.

Thank you very much for your recommendations!

Quote Originally Posted by Naimed View Post
    Hello everyone!

I've heard that Dungeons of Drakkenheim is a campaign that really helps DMs, in the sense that you don't have to do much work to make the campaign work, and they include many helpful things... unfortunately it doesn't exist on FG

So: What - non CoS - campaigns would you recommend based on the following criteria:
    - Fun
    - starts at*levels*1-3*

There was some push-back or size issue with the Drakkenheim IP, so it never came to be.

Lost Mine of Phandelver (the Original) is/was such an adventure and tons of lore, support, and third party content.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

http://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Curse of Strahd.
    He said non Curse of Strahd.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    He said non Curse of Strahd.
    Indeed, we already played that one. Outstanding campaign, I have to say.
    Does LMOP has a way to play it past level 4 with FG-ready modules?

Any longer campaigns that are well built?

Hello everyone!

- Fun
    - starts at*levels*1-3*

Waterdeep: Dragon Heist is a level 1 to 5 adventure that needs almost zero work from the DM to run it. And if I remember correctly Zaccheus added some color maps in the FGU module (the default maps are sepia-colored)

Hello everyone!

- Fun
    - starts at*levels*1-3*

Most of the official 5e contents are ather complete. And, the suggestions here are decent. It's matured to the point where most of the gaps can be filled in with good supporting third party content like maps, accessories, YouTube videos online Wiki info, etc. No matter which one you decide to start its going to require some work. Knowing what exact things are lacking or good depends on how you run the adventure and how much familiarity you have. You can't really tell by just words alone as to what is complete or not. Every GM plays differently, so it's rather difficult to express what is good or bad. You have to play a couple of times to really make an educated suggestion
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

http://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    Most of the official 5e contents are ather complete. And, the suggestions here are decent. It's matured to the point where most of the gaps can be filled in with good supporting third party content like maps, accessories, YouTube videos online Wiki info, etc. No matter which one you decide to start its going to require some work. Knowing what exact things are lacking or good depends on how you run the adventure and how much familiarity you have. You can't really tell by just words alone as to what is complete or not. Every GM plays differently, so it's rather difficult to express what is good or bad. You have to play a couple of times to really make an educated suggestion
    I totally see your point, and thank you for your answer.

Let me elaborate a bit further: I know most - if not all - WOTC campaigns are FG-complete, so maps, walls, statblocks etc. So when I was asking for FG-completeness I was mainly thinking about non-WOTC campaigns or settings.

I played Rime of the Frostmaiden, and I had to put in a lot of effort to make it work.. almost as much as creating a campaign from scratch (Not FG-work but modifying the story, etc)... almost the exact opposite from CoS where I had to come up with very little extra things.

So I'm asking experienced DMs that have run some other campaigns what cool campaigns are "DM-friendly" so to speak.. I hope this clarifies it.

Thread Information