5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Thread: Spell Effects

Spell Effects

I am wondering where the 5e spell effects are coming from. I have removed all my extensions that provided spell effects and yet they still appear on the character sheet when I drag a spell in. is this coming from FGU? I didn't think they had this. Is there a remnant from one of my old Twoey or Grim effects extension? They are not loaded, and in fact, I've deleted them from the Mod and Ext folders.

If this is something FGU is providing? A few of them are wrong and I am wondering where I can open them so that I can change them so I do not have to do this every time someone drags the spell onto their sheet. One thing I've noticed is that the effects are programmed with Concentration on both ends which means the second cancels out the first. That is, Hunter's Mark has an IF and IFT statement and both have (C) and so one cancels the other. Or, Hex has (C) on both the spell and the DISCHK.

I'm scratching my head on this. Thanks!

It's auto-added by the character building code. If you let us know which are not correct, we can adjust for future updates.

For Hunter's Mark, the effects both cancel on concentration failure. One effect is for targets, and the other for the Ranger. Once a spell is cancelled, neither effect is valid.
    For Hex, similarly with this spell. One effect is for the caster, and the other effect is for the target. Once a spell is cancelled, neither effect is valid.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for the quick reply. And thank you to SW for creating these effects!

I had a suspicion that this is coming from an Extension and so I did a review and I found the problem. Better Combat Effects Gold has a toggle to Restrict Concentration. When I toggled that to off, the problem was solved! I wish I had thought of this before posting!

Thread Information