Fantasy Grounds Merchandise

Questions About Using FGU GIJOE Ruleset

1 - Adding a picture to a (drone) pet isn't working for me (as GM). I open the drone sheet, click on the circle to the right of the name, and the "Picture and Tokens" window opens, but nothing I drag and drop there sticks. Not images, portraits, or tokens. Not jpg, gif or webp. Nor can I find a way to upload art directly to the drone sheet. Am I doing something wrong?

2 - Since the Gear from the book is 'Read Only', is there a way to make an (unlocked) copy of it I can modify to create custom gear for my players, or do I have to create Bob's Artillery Lobber from scratch?

Thanks damned. That worked for gear (problem 2), but I still can't get the drone to take artwork. A locked drone record lacks the button to set artwork, and an unlocked drone record won't take any.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain Little View Post
    Thanks damned. That worked for gear (problem 2), but I still can't get the drone to take artwork. A locked drone record lacks the button to set artwork, and an unlocked drone record won't take any.
    It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong, but testing it on my end is working. So I'm not sure.
    Any locked record won't allow an image to be placed at all. So you'll have to make a copy like damned suggested.
    I would double check that the "Picture and Tokens" window that opens up isn't locked itself. If that still isn't working, does this happen after creating a brand new pet/vehicle/threat?
    image_2024-10-02_194644434.png
    image_2024-10-02_194728753.png
    "If you love it, mod it."
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkonian View Post
    It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong, but testing it on my end is working. So I'm not sure.
    Any locked record won't allow an image to be placed at all. So you'll have to make a copy like damned suggested.
    I would double check that the "Picture and Tokens" window that opens up isn't locked itself. If that still isn't working, does this happen after creating a brand new pet/vehicle/threat?
    image_2024-10-02_194644434.png
    image_2024-10-02_194728753.png
    Oddly, this led me to the solution.

The "Picture and Tokens" window was not locked, however when I locked it FGU redrew the Picture, Token-Flat, and Token-Camera sub-windows. When I then unlocked it I was able to drag & drop artwork as normal. Note that previously locking and unlocking the Pet window had no effect; it was specifically the Picture and Tokens window that solved my issue.

EDIT: New pets created now behave normally.
    Last edited by Iain Little; Today at 19:38. Reason: update answer

Thread Information