GI JOE RPG Launch

Q1 + Universal mod in PFRPG error

Yeah I know, I am using this off label... but never hurts to ask.

I am converting several 2e modules to PFRPG using universal Mod. extension.

when I open the spell window, I get the following error in PFRPG with Universal mod and Q1 loaded only (and fully updated): Q1 spell error PFRPG.png

Once this pops up, I can't create a new group, and it throws other errors at times when I move between groups.

I am essentially copying everything over from Q1 to a PFRPG Q1 group, then turning off Q1 and universal mod. at that point I just start converting and reassigning records. but I can't get the spells atm.

before I start getting really creative, I thought I would see if there is an easy fix. (FYI, I had no issues when I did X2 and S2)

thx
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance** accidentally deleted, If anyone grabbed a copy, PLEASE let me know**. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

If you turn on Debug mode (/debug on); there will be more information about where the error is occurring exactly as there will be a call tree as well.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    If you turn on Debug mode (/debug on); there will be more information about where the error is occurring exactly as there will be a call tree as well.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thx... I got this error on D1-2 as well. I did not test it with no extensions though.
    Here is the same as above but Debug on: debug on.png
    and a zip of the log
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance** accidentally deleted, If anyone grabbed a copy, PLEASE let me know**. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

This is because 3.5E/PRFRPG uses strings for "level" field, while 2E uses numbers for "level" field. Part of the caveats of using the Universal Modules extension; if a ruleset expects a certain data value type, then errors occur.

While looking at this, I can patch the filtering on the PFRPG/3.5E side to open the list; but the same sort of error occurs immediately when opening the spell records for the exact same reason. I'll include the adjustment to prevent the script error in the PFRPG list for next week; but there's no "fix" for the data mismatch error in the spell record because the data records are actually different.

What are you trying to do with the spells? Most likely you'll have to create new copies of the spells manually. (Or copy/edit in XML to change the data type.)

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information