Cosmere RPG Beta Launch

Fallout West Marches (sort of) and CAR WARS!!!

hey.

i run a fallout campaign on thursday nites, 8pm EST, weekly. the game is currently full. an idea popped in my head that would allow other people to play in the campaign, at their own speed / availability.

if you are interested, PM me and i will send a discord invite.

we will get you a character created in FGU. then you play when you want. i ask that you play at least 2 sessions per month, each session usually being an hour long. sessions can go longer, all depends on the player's availability. mini campaigns are possible. ( 2 - 3 sessions long). you play when you want to play. just try to give me as much heads up as you can to prepare. at least an hour, a day would be preferable.

what you do with your character will effect the campaign proper, AND the core players. obviously i do not want some one hell bent on killing the core group, that is MY JOB!!! lol it is possible we could set up a situation where, there is a bounty on your head, and the core group looks to collect. your character can make "guest appearances" in the core campaign, ie show up on game day, listed above. you can just go do your own thing, doing 1 shots when you have the time, and unknowingly effect the core campaign. i am having ideas, of players being "shop owners" and selling / buying from the core players, or even other 1 shot players. i have more ideas on the back burner, and i am open to your ideas too.

any ways, that is it, in a nut shell. a quick description of the campaign it's self.

the campaign takes place in the Tucson AZ area. the group is currently in San Miguel, 85mi SW of tucson, by the us / mexico border. there is an "old west" motif in play. there are several factions in play, the baxters, the rojos, the children of atom, and c.h.e.a.r (Church of Human Enhancement and Augmentation thru Radiation), a radical branch of the church of atom. i use vehicle rules, and so, if you are a fan of Car Wars (any one old enough to remember that steve jackson game? lol), i am totally down! i totally want to introduce car wars in to the campaign. i also use hunger, thirst, and rest.

what this does for me, is adds a GREAT form of randomness, in to the campaign proper, and lets me explore my abilities as an overseer, to "roll with the punches". impromptu, spontaneity, 2 words i love to associate with being an overseer.

i got a couple of PMs about, "can i open a, weapon shop", for example.

i really do not have an economy set up for some thing like that. i was thinking more in the lines of, you, or a core party member, has a bounty on their head, and you, or they, are looking to collect.

or if you just want to do 1 shots a couple of times a month, in a persistent world.

setting up a shop is doable, but i mean, you would not have much to do at this point, even if your shop is located in San Miguel, where the core party is now. there is just not a big enough player base for some thing like that.

so, kind of looking for adventurers, not static NPCs at this point in time. peace.

Thread Information